The VG Resource
Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-34.html)
+------ Thread: Yawackhary's Submissions Again (/thread-6597.html)

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 01-31-2011

(01-31-2011, 01:51 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I've played Gods. I was terrible at it. Is Mulan a pirate game?

Yes it is, made by the same people as Pocket Monster 1 & 2, Hercules 2 and them pirated fighting games (even found a Tekken title screen in the ROM along with some text has has some of the fighters from it).

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-02-2011

Added:

Super Donkey Kong 99 (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: superdk99donkeykongicon.png]

[Image: superdk99icon.png]

Another pirated game that is also known as Super King Kong 99 except that this is one terrible buggy junk to the point whereyou can't get further in game unless you exploit the engine. It isn't even finished with no text in the ending despite the ROM describing it in a hex editor and see DK's sprites? About a quarter of them are unused that are his rolling attack, looking down and I believe his victory end of level pose. Oh speaking of which, when was the first Donkey Kong Country sprite rip especially of DK? It's just that this game came out in 1999 if it is to believed.

Twin Hawk (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: twinhawkaircrafticon.png]

Another Toaplan shoot'em up, rather like Zero Wing only came out in Japan and Europe. Also it is rather short (4 levels looped) and there is probably one boss in the entire game.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Solink - 02-02-2011

The Donkey Kong sheet is resized. It would also be pretty cool to have the kremlings ripped from this game if you can/want.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 02-03-2011

Also can you please make a Twinhawk section icon? Thanks!

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-03-2011

Blooming Imageshack, it's the first time that I've known for that to happen in terms of resized sheets and it wasn't the first time that it skipped sheets to be uploaded (did it a few times lately). I'm trying npshare instead.

Anyway:

[Image: superdk99donkeykongicon.png]

There's the fixed sheet for Super Donkey Kong 99 as checked. As for the Kremlings, the game loads the palette for them at fixed points, it might be possible to do in the future.

[Image: twinhawk-icon.png]

There's the section sheet too for Twin Hawk, I must have accidentally removed it since it was on the first page. Gonna Puke

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-04-2011

Added:
Ranger-X (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: rangerx-rangerx_icon.png]

[Image: rangerx-icon.png]

I know someone here that might like this rip but the game is hard as nails though. Also I've switched to the German site for uploading stuff since it seems to be a bit more reliable to me and let me know if it decides to resize itself.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - KingPepe - 02-04-2011

Kind of odd to bug you about a sprite sheet all the way from page 3 but I noticed your Somari sheet on the site and the problem is that Somari had 2 palettes, the 2nd one having white as one of the colors which was used for shoes.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-07-2011

Added:

Undead Line (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: undeadline-leon_icon.png]

[Image: undeadline-icon.png]

Newman-Hass Racing IndyCar Featuring Nigel Mansell (Genesis)
Backgrounds
[Image: newmannhass-backgrounds_icon.png]

[Image: newmannhass-icon.png]

The best part of the game is the moustache at the title screen and that it has polygons in game, apart from that it is a bit medicore.

Slap Fight MD (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: slapfightmd-ship_icon.png]

[Image: slapfightmd-icon.png]

Next to sports games which about a quarter of the library is full of them, the Genesis has a large amount of shoot em ups especially in its early years and while it doesn't hold the title for the most of that era (the TurboGrafix/PC Engine is full of them), there are a lot of them from the famous Thunder Force series to arcade ports to quite bad games. It's yet another Toaplan one (how many did they do?, must be a lot) but this time is a Japan exclusive (even though there were plans to release it in the US as Power Wing). As well as an arcade port of Slap Fight/Alcon, it contains a new mode with music done by the same guy as Revenge of Shinobi and Streets of Rage.

Chiki Chiki Boys (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: chiki2boys-2p_icon.png]

The project is still there, slowly but surely.

Also I updated Mario from Somari with his shoe palette on all the sprites that had it on in game: http://npshare.de/files/563cb325/mario-somari.png

It was due to that some sprites had the extra white colour that wasn't on the palette (basically the game pulled a Megaman technique due to the NES only having 4 colours).

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 02-07-2011

Nice job. By the way, have you considered ripping the Snowman boss from Ghostbusters? He has a bunch of explosions that obscure his death animation,making it very difficult to capture. Also, have you checked your PMs?

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-07-2011

(02-07-2011, 02:04 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Nice job. By the way, have you considered ripping the Snowman boss from Ghostbusters? He has a bunch of explosions that obscure his death animation,making it very difficult to capture. Also, have you checked your PMs?

Yep, I got your PM and just reading slowly. Anyway, I'll probably will get to do that soon when I have time as well as making someones wish become true.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-09-2011

Added:
The Steel Empire (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: steelempirestrikerzep01.png]

[Image: steelempireicon.png]

I know someone will be very happy for these to be ripped. Sadly though like most shoot em ups, I am poor at them so it will take a while to get savestates of the other stuff.

Update: Due to relying on savestates, do not upload this sheet since it is not complete. A completed version will be done ASAP.

Power Drive (Genesis)
Cars
[Image: powerdriveminicoopersic.png][Image: powerdrivefiaticon.png]

[Image: powerdriveicon.png]

Power Drive for the Mega Drive. Bad pun out of the way, the game was released in America under the Sega Channel (where Pulseman, Megaman: The Wily Wars and Garfield: The Lost Levels [that concidentally are lost now...] were released) until the service was closed down.

Fun Car Rally (Genesis Prototype)
[Image: funcarrallygeneralsprit.png]

[Image: funcarrallyicon.png]

There is very little information about this game. It was either an early prototype for Combat Cars or Combat Cars used the same engine and recycled some of the assets from this scrapped game (for a different publisher). Also the game might have been developed in Sweden or at least in Europe.

As for the Snowman, I'm happy to say that I have ripped all the sprites of it. Just have to get all of his palettes which there are a lot of them due to fading from one into another.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 02-09-2011

Wow, thanks a lot!

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - DarkWolf - 02-10-2011

Isn't there a place in the second level of Steel Empire where the player's ship turns around and flies the other direction? Would have thought there was at least a frame there that showed the ship turning. I could be wrong though. Earlier Genesis games tend to H/V flip whenever possible to save space.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-11-2011

Added:
Ghostbusters (Genesis)
Enemies and Bosses
[Image: gbusters-snowman_icon.png]

The sprites didn't cause much trouble but the palettes certainly did a bit. It doesn't help that under pressure makes things worse to the point that I wonder is ripping sprites really worth the effort?

DJ Boy (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: djboy-djboy_icon.png]

[Image: djboy-icon.png]

Ripped from a savestate but I did check the game all the way through for this breakdancer. Luckily it is an early game though that stores most things in memory and only changes when a boss appears.

Updated:
The Steel Empire (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: steelempirestrikerzep01.png]

Not only was I missing the poses that DarkWolf mentioned but also the cutscene sprites from Stages 6 and 7 as well as all of the palettes. Now it is complete and a lesson has been learnt, when you have to rip from savestates make sure that you play through the entire game even with cheats to make sure that you got them all.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 02-11-2011

Very cool. Thanks! And it's worth it as long as it keeps you happy.