The VG Resource
Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-34.html)
+------ Thread: Yawackhary's Submissions Again (/thread-6597.html)

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 01-01-2011

Very nice! I'm excited!

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 01-03-2011

Added:

Action 52 (Genesis)
Games
[Image: action52hauntedhillsico.png]

Just something out of the way. Okay this is the start of the project (I'll do it here instead of making a thread):

Forgotten Worlds (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: fworldsmdnamelessonesic.png]

[Image: fworldsmdicon.png]

Can't think of a better way to start the project with the first game for the CPS arcade machine (that lead into various famous games like Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Final Fight, Strider, Street Fighter II). Being a port, it is faithful to the original with a few cutbacks due to cartridge space. Yay for savestates, boo that you have to select the 3 button mode otherwise instant GAME OVER.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 01-04-2011

Updated:
Forgotten Worlds (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: fworldsmdnamelessonesic.png]

I honestly didn't know that the characters had armour on them until it was too late. Anyway they are fixed and don't have to relay on savestates except for palettes anymore.

Misc
[Image: fworldsmdcutscenesicon.png]

Also I can disprove two things that's going around. First is that there is no cutscene variation like it says in one FAQ between Japanese and US/European mode (since it is a global ROM, the only change is the text), maybe in the original arcade version perhaps but not this one since I checked. Secondly there is a rumour saying that you can make the shopkeeper naked at the end by playing a second time/buying the dress/etc, that is completely BS cause I decompressed the REV00 ROM since it uses Nemesis compression which is the earliest version (besides a later version would have removed it if it is true) and checked every single file there. Anyway I didn't believe it for a second cause Sega wouldn't allow such a thing anyway (the only time that I know that it slipped was Mystic Defender and even then Sega made a revision covering up the princess' clothes).

So yeah, there is no naked shopkeeper in the game.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Maneko - 01-04-2011

The only naked trick I have known for a Genesis game is one from a game called "Rings of Power" and it wasn't so great to begin.
Great submissions as always, man, especially since ripping Genesis games can be a pain in the ass.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 01-06-2011

Added:
Pokemon Stadium (Genesis)
Fighters
[Image: pokestadiummdbeedrillic.png][Image: pokestadiummdcharizardi.png][Image: pokestadiummdkoffingico.png]

[Image: pokestadiummdicon.png]

I'm still working on the Capcom Special project, just that it will take a little bit longer before any more progress creeps up and yes, I will finish this game too. Strange, even though I haven't played a proper Pokemon game in over 10 years, I still remember some of the names and most of the Pokemon from this pirate too except one.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 01-07-2011

O_O This game is blowing my mind.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 01-10-2011

Added:

Chiki Chiki Boys (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: chiki2boys1picon.png]

[Image: chiki2boysicon.png]

Still part of the project, imagine a 2 player Wonder Boy in Monster Land clone made by Capcom and that describes pretty much the game.

Pokemon Stadium (Genesis)
Fighters
[Image: pokestadiummdarcanineic.png][Image: pokestadiummdblastoisei.png][Image: pokestadiummdgyaradosic.png][Image: pokestadiummdpikachuico.png][Image: pokestadiummdjolteonico.png][Image: pokestadiummdabraicon.png][Image: pokestadiummdgengaricon.png][Image: pokestadiummddiglettico.png][Image: pokestadiummdsnorlaxico.png]

Updated (due to a minor palette reason):
[Image: pokestadiummdbeedrillic.png][Image: pokestadiummdcharizardi.png][Image: pokestadiummdkoffingico.png]

That is all the Pokemon in the game and a couple of strange choices. Like I didn't know who Windy/Arcanine was until I founded out that it was a Chinese Pokemon (makes sense since it was made in China/Taiwan). Also the names try to be like the Japanese ones but with both spelling and wrong Pokemon mistakes.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Kyleglor - 01-10-2011

Great uploads, i actually thought about taking on this challege but never got around to it.
I actually have been looking for the snes version because it has three characters this one doesnt which where vileplume jigglypuff and mewtwo, replacing archanine gyarados and snorlax, but i havnt found the rom (also im to lazy to hunting for it)
Anyway like i said Great work!

EDIT: like a minute later i found it lol

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 01-13-2011

Added:
The Terminator (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: terminatormdkylereeseic.png]

Basically it is easier to have both forms of the same character in one sheet instead of having two sheets, besides the sheet that was there was missing his escape palette. As for the game, it is very short as in a rushed way so that means that there wouldn't be much to go ripping wise (4 enemies in the 1st stage, 2 enemies in the 2nd and 3rd stages, the Terminator himself, cutscenes, misc as in weapons, effects, text, title).

Golden Axe II (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: goldenaxe2giliusthunder.png]

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 01-13-2011

Could you grab a cool screenshot from Terminator please? Our current icon is awful.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 01-14-2011

Added:
The Terminator (Genesis)
Enemies
[Image: terminatormdenemiesicon.png]

There are no bosses and the Terminator is included due to that he acts like an enemy.

(01-13-2011, 05:47 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Could you grab a cool screenshot from Terminator please? Our current icon is awful.

Sure:
[Image: terminatormdicon.png]

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 01-16-2011

Added:

Technocop (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: technocoptechnocopvmaxi.png]

[Image: technocopicon.png]

Very cheesy game that you either like or you hate. I believe that this was one the first 3rd party games made in the US with some violence and blood thrown for good measure. Accorded to the box, the character's name is Technocop and I thought that he was nameless before hand.

Top Gear 2 (Genesis)
Cars
[Image: topgear2carsicon.png]

[Image: topgear2icon.png]

Not to be confused with that TV series despite the vague similarities and the fact that they are both made in the UK. Strangely the ROM header calls this game Top Racer 2 which I believe was the Super Famicom name of this game.

Updated:
The Terminator (Genesis)
Enemies
[Image: terminatormdenemiesicon.png]

It wasn't that I forgot to rip the unused enemy but it got accidentally removed on the sheet and didn't notice until today.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 01-18-2011

Added:

Hurricanes (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: hurricanescalicon.png][Image: hurricanesrudeicon.png]

[Image: hurricanesicon.png]

Never knew Soccer Kid could be so influencial to form two clones, this one based on an obscure cartoon made by the same folks as SMBSS, SatAM, AoSTH, Inspector Gadget, etc and the already ripped Marko's Magic Football. I was trying to refrain from mocking it.

Golden Axe II (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: goldenaxe2tyrisflareico.png]

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 01-20-2011

Added:

Twinkle Tale (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: twinkletalesariaicon.png]

[Image: twinkletaleicon.png]

Basically MERCS mixed with fantasy and shoot em up elements, then again I find these types of games hard.

Hurricanes (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: hurricanesamandaicon.png][Image: hurricanesstatsicon.png]

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 01-22-2011

Added:

Prince of Persia (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: princeofpersiamdprincei.png]

[Image: princeofpersiamdicon.png]

Getting that alt palette took longer than it did to rip the sheet via the ROM. I don't know why people call this game a classic (maybe apart from the lifelike animations of the player) cause the controls are pretty bad. I can't even get to the end even with cheats due to a jump that I can't make since the controls aren't responsive as in that you hammer away the jump button and fails to jump causing you to die frustratedly. A shame really because I could have gotten the enemies and Jaffar who isn't related to Aladdin's Jafar ripped too.

Turrican (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: turricanturricanicon.png]

[Image: turricanicon.png]

As far as I know, the original Turrican game didn't have Bren McGuire (who is the playable character from Turrican 2 onwards) but a mutant or something called Turrican. The sequel (which got raped on the Genesis as a movie tie in Universal Soldier) retconned the story of the original.