The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 04-11-2013

If the new type is Fairy it would probably be weak against Steel.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 04-12-2013

Yeah I know. But anyone else feel that Psychic should have been strong against Steel? It makes sense with all that spoon bending.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Helmo - 04-12-2013

water should melt ice and ice should freeze water

acid eats through metal

dragon hurts dragon dont make no sense but ok

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 04-12-2013

I honestly feel like Steel should have been weak to all the conductive elements, following the same reasoning for Water is beaten by Electricity.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - TomGuycott - 04-12-2013

I really wish I remember where my comments on steel type are on the forum right now. Let me see what I can remember.

Steel IS more powerful than a large number of types, but it is clearly meant to be a high defense type. Steel types that are typed to be SUPER powerful are either rarer or are difficult to fully power up or are only the end of an evolution line without steel up to that point. What's more, steel is weak to fire, fighting and ground, all three of which are popular, powerful types. Those that are steel/psychic or have levitate are exceptions, but in cases like Metagross' line he is a hard to level pseudo-legendary. Finally, there are many steel types who are QUADRUPLE weak against their main weakness. Bug/steel against fire, bisharp against fighting, ferroseed against fire, and so on.

Now think of a solid block of stainless steel in real life, think of real life equivalents of every other type, and try to point out LEGITIMATE weaknesses. It's doable, but you'll have a very hard time.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 04-13-2013

The problem with Steel is that there are only two types that do normal damage. All other types have a ton of types that do normal damage to them. If you don't have a Fighting, Fire, or Ground Pokemon than you are fucked. Everything else barely scratches Steel.

And I know what you've been saying, Steel is meant to be some super type that is hard to achieve. But I believe all types should achieve the same level greatness rather than the select few like Dragon, Psychic, and now Steel.

Honestly I think Pokemon should get sort of a reboot with all of it's stats and stuff so that every Pokemon is a little more balanced.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - TomGuycott - 04-13-2013

Not every Pokemon is SUPPOSED to be balanced. That's the point of monster collecting games like these. You can't compare a Rattata to a Dragonite. The differences are obvious. That's because one is an early Pokemon able to be caught easily at the start of the game, while the other is the final evolution of a rare Pokemon who needs many more levels than most other Pokemon to fully evolve. I guess its unfortunate for someone who happens to like a weaker Pokemon's design better, but that's the way it is.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - DioShiba - 04-13-2013

So apparently corocoro confirmed that the new pokemon is a new form of mewtwo....

Welp, I'm almost about done with that...

Also why the hell am I getting the distinct feeling that Game freak wants to remake Generation 1 again? I get that they're trying to connect the two gens together but another form for mewtwo kind of sticks out to me.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - NICKtendo DS - 04-13-2013

(04-12-2013, 01:45 PM)Chairman Amon Wrote: water should melt ice and ice should freeze water

acid eats through metal

dragon hurts dragon dont make no sense but ok

I believe Steel also represents clarity. Lucario's typing and some of the light based Steel moves should support that idea. Steel is too "clear" to be tainted by Poison. Also, a lot of Steel-type Pokémon are robots or robot-like, which means they probably have no blood, no blood for Poison to course through.

The Dragon-beats-Dragon thing also happens in Monster Hunter (Deviljho, which uses a Dragon-type breath, is weakest against Dragon). The sheer power of dragons can only be countered by itself... or Ice. It's a fight-fire-with-fire kind of thing. Ironically the same cannot be said about the Fire-type.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - water dog - 04-13-2013

(04-13-2013, 10:46 AM)Mr. Popo Wrote: So apparently corocoro confirmed that the new pokemon is a new form of mewtwo....

Welp, I'm almost about done with that...

Also why the hell am I getting the distinct feeling that Game freak wants to remake Generation 1 again? I get that they're trying to connect the two gens together but another form for mewtwo kind of sticks out to me.

im done with pokemon forever

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Virtuaboy123 - 04-13-2013

What is up with these forms, why not just make mewthree???
This form appears to be smaller than mewtwo, are they trying to mimic friezas transformations. This one is the long headed form.

[Image: Pokemon-X-Y-Mewtwo-Form.jpg]
not a good pic though makes him seem giant but if you look it up he's in between regular mewtwo and mew in size

Also why are the eyes red? I thought for the longest this was going to be a new pokemon it seems so un-mewtwo and so mewthree...

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - DioShiba - 04-13-2013

those eyes look more magenta.

they must know that some people believe that red eyes make a pokemon "soul less" or whatever spewed up that bullpucky.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - The KKM - 04-13-2013

anyone who was still thinking it was a new pokémon deserves a slap

hate it all you want, I don't even care, but stop being so gullible for marketing campaigns

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Virtuaboy123 - 04-13-2013

The way I see it with them previously showing new starters/legendary Pokemon for the X and Y games I assumed it would've been a new pokemon. I know they make new forms for legendaries, I am just a little surprised they gave it to one from gen 1. (also just found out its tied into the movie with red genesect)

So for those reasons I could see where any "fan hate" for it would come from.

edit:
Think of it this way had it been mewthree there could have been an entire movie behind its orgins, another slot in the ever growing number of pokemon, plus it could have been a better rival to mewtwo. Mewtwo destroys genesect/darkrai in every way possible.(look at the stats and possible move sets)

Deoxys varying forms is what made it so unique, if every legendary has a form it takes some of its uniqueness.(though i did like the Kyreum fusion in B2/W2)

Also due to the nature of forms this will just end up being a more defensive or physical attacking mewtwo, right?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 04-13-2013

(04-13-2013, 08:45 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: Not every Pokemon is SUPPOSED to be balanced. That's the point of monster collecting games like these. You can't compare a Rattata to a Dragonite. The differences are obvious. That's because one is an early Pokemon able to be caught easily at the start of the game, while the other is the final evolution of a rare Pokemon who needs many more levels than most other Pokemon to fully evolve. I guess its unfortunate for someone who happens to like a weaker Pokemon's design better, but that's the way it is.

I just believe that if you work and train hard enough, you should be able to get any Pokemon to be powerful. If I worked my ass off getting a Raticate to level 100, I'd want my work to pay off.

Why have all Pokemon reach the same level if its ultimately pointless?