The VG Resource
Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 (/thread-3818.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Ton - 02-03-2009

Holy crap, Smithy.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - AgentLym - 02-03-2009

Hey! Not bad, not bad at all! I don't think that it really fits the KSSU style (but, that's just me), but... definitely good! I wish you could've helped meh' instead of criticizing! (constructive criticizing, I mean. Tongue)

But, nice job anyhow! Smile

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - SmithyGCN - 02-03-2009

Well, okay, thank you for the compliments. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it more in style?

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Seiryu's Tear - 02-03-2009

My pride feels hurt from looking at that sheet. XD

[Image: kssustuffdd0.png]

I dunno exactly how to critique this as it looks so... stylized, but can work as a KSSU sprite. At most... I can critique the colors. It looks very bright and shiny. Probably too shiny. Negate a few colors or lower the contrast down a little. It looks like there are more pixels than KSSU style.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - SmithyGCN - 02-04-2009

Well, I have to admit, I took the colors from existing KSSU rips from your project. ^^;

So, I really have to give credit to Dr. Schnaps for ripping DeDeDe, Bugzzy, and... one other.... what other sprite did I use? < =/ *thinks hard*

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - MooMooMaMoo - 02-04-2009

(02-03-2009, 10:17 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [Image: kssustuffdd0.png]

Blank So you wanted me to join in and show them how it's done, eh? Well, I'm pretty sure that they aren't perfect, but I certainly made a decent attempt at putting my money where my mouth is.

I very much like your sprites Big Grin. Only a few things seem a lil off. The sword has the right colors but the outline of the sword at the end(not the tip but the sides of the sword has it gets wider) looks a lil weird. Also it doesn't seem like you has a body under the cape; personally I think it'd look just as good without a round body inside the cape, but just wanted to point that out. Last, Dark Matter's body shouldn't have that much blue at the bottom of him, he can just be completely black.

Your sprites look very very good, even without any of the things I've said they look great. I just hope you'll make more sprites for their attacks.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Seiryu's Tear - 02-04-2009

Which one? A or B?

[Image: BubbleSprite2.png]

A, B, or C? I was trying to match the foot with the original.

[Image: BubbleSprite3.png]

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Super Toad - 02-04-2009

A for the firth. B for the second!Wink

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Green Fire Kirby - 02-04-2009

[Image: knidkssuenemies-8.png]

Update! Added Sparky. Finished Sparky, I just did it quickly so if there's anything wrong, please tell me! Also Drshnaps, can you please put my name next to the KA/NIDL Enemies?

@SmithyGCN: They're both really good! Good job!

@Seiryu's Tear: The wand looks better longer than it does shorter. A As for the foot, B's better.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - ville10 - 02-04-2009

(01-31-2009, 07:06 AM)ville10 Wrote: I'm done with Two Face:
[Image: twofacezv0.png]

[Image: twofacerw0.gif]
No comments?
I also started Mr. P. Umpkin: [Image: mrpumpkinbz4.png]

@SmithyGCN: That Dark Matter is really good, though I think Sword Matter should be bigger. Also, the placement of Dark Matter's eye seems wrong. It needs to be more to the left to be in the middle of the orbs (I think...). I also think that he should be completely black.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Batandy - 02-04-2009

(02-03-2009, 10:17 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [Image: kssustuffdd0.png]

Blank So you wanted me to join in and show them how it's done, eh? Well, I'm pretty sure that they aren't perfect, but I certainly made a decent attempt at putting my money where my mouth is.

But AgentLym is working on Swordman Matter,
and i am working on dark Matter!!!

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Geo the Fox - 02-04-2009

Now, that's what I'm talking about. That's a good quality sprite, though there are a few issues with it being out of style a bit and some other nitpicky details, more so with Dark Matter than with Sword.

My only real beef with sword matter is the hair. Maybe it's juss personal preference, but I don't see a real reason to give the hair extra colors besides black. That, and the hair should have a solid black outline. Or at least a solid outline period.

Dark Matter is where i see flaws. That blue shading for the lower section of the body bothers me. It doesn't seem necessary, or right. The eye... I love how you shaded it, but the color choice doesn't seem to match in my opinion. It looks way too silver. The petals... they should really be placed more behind him, not in front of the sprite as if they were on his side.

Besides that, these are pretty good~

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Batandy - 02-04-2009

So Smithy stealed our projects?

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - KillerAslox - 02-04-2009

(02-04-2009, 11:25 AM)Batandy Wrote: So Smithy stealed our projects?

No, he just joined it, and showed his. Tongue

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Simona-King - 02-04-2009

ville10: Your Two Face and Mr. P. Umpkin looks great. Are you doing Booler and the other Castle Lololo Enemies after them (including the Extra Mode Enemies)?