The VG Resource
General Pokemon Discussion - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: General Pokemon Discussion (/thread-7991.html)

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - JoshR691 - 05-18-2009

(05-18-2009, 02:32 PM)Pokémon Master Jar Wrote: but then i realized you had to go to eterna forest and route 217 to those special rocks in order to evolve eevee to those, so i guess its sinnoh only.
They could, probably, make two new 'stone' items (Moss Stone & Ice Stone), but if that was going to happen, it probably wouldn't until the 5th Generation, since they wouldn't just be there to evolve 1 Pokemon...

...Glaceon & Leafeon might be unobtainable in HG & SS, just like Umbreon & Espeon were in FR & LG

But for all we know, they could just throw them in Ilex Forest & the Ice Cave

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - DioShiba - 05-18-2009

(05-18-2009, 02:46 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Well, we do have Ilex Forest and Ice Cave, so having the 2 rocks is possible. Granted Ilex is a Pine foest and not a deciduous one, but Game Freak probably doesn't give a shit about IRL Ecology logic.

pretty much this, though if this happened I doubt you would actually be able to use them until you get the national dex

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Zac - 05-18-2009

WELL in Pokemon X D they made two new evolving items for Espeon and Umbreon, so they'll probably do somthing like that again, like JoshR said.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Cshad - 05-18-2009

What if they pull a platinum and give us all the evolving forms of the pokemon available in the second/first generation that were added in the 4th gen

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - DioShiba - 05-18-2009

(05-18-2009, 05:13 PM)Cshad Wrote: What if they pull a platinum and give us all the evolving forms of the pokemon available in the second/first generation that were added in the 4th gen

that idea is too good to be true

unless they make it so that it is national dex from the start then maybe, but don't count on it.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Cshad - 05-18-2009

Its not like they will be adding a shitload of pokemon to the pokedex, like they did in platinum. The original gsc pokedex starts out with almost everyone that evolved this generation

Also for pokemon that had to level up inside/around Mt. Coronet to evolve, how is that going to work in this game?

The Pokemon that evolve in/around Mt. Coronet will either be unobtainable or a an item dealing with Mt. Coronet would be made...but they're pretty much in the same situation as Leafeon & Glaceon

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Phantom Killah - 05-18-2009

Or new region similar to Sevii islands with a mountain that functions the same as Coronet

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - mozzy - 05-18-2009

Or there could be stones made from the rocks/from Mt. Coronet.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Shroob2 - 05-18-2009

Leafeon - Some hidden part of Ilex forest not seen in the original for some reason. Probably near that random hill (where you chase Farfetch'd)

Glaceon - Honestly, I've never gotten to the Ice Cave, but I guess it could work there.

Mt. Coronet - Mt. Moon. Geez, am I the only one who thought of that?

Actually Shroob2, Mt. Moon would work if GameFreak didn't implement the incenses for Breeding purposes...In the Pokemon series, they seem to try to prevent stuff that didn't happen in the past games from occurring now.

Using an actual Evolution example, why doesn't Eevee evolve into Leafeon with a Leaf Stone? With that in mind, then why couldn't Magneton evolve into Magnezone in R/B/Y/G/S/C/FR/LG? I'm just saying Mt. Moon seems very unlikely for the 'new' Mt. Coronet...

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - 8-Bit Squirrel - 05-18-2009

(05-18-2009, 06:54 PM)JoshR691 Wrote: Actually Shroob2, Mt. Moon would work if GameFreak didn't implement the incenses for Breeding purposes...In the Pokemon series, they seem to try to prevent stuff that didn't happen in the past games from occurring now.

Using an actual Evolution example, why doesn't Eevee evolve into Leafeon with a Leaf Stone? With that in mind, then why couldn't Magneton evolve into Magnezone in R/B/Y/G/S/C/FR/LG? I'm just saying Mt. Moon seems very unlikely for the 'new' Mt. Coronet...

Because there's no Ice Stone for Glaceon. And they didn't evolve Magneton into Magnezone cause they hadn't made it yet

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Phantom Killah - 05-18-2009

(05-18-2009, 07:32 PM)KHCrazy Wrote:
(05-18-2009, 06:54 PM)JoshR691 Wrote: Actually Shroob2, Mt. Moon would work if GameFreak didn't implement the incenses for Breeding purposes...In the Pokemon series, they seem to try to prevent stuff that didn't happen in the past games from occurring now.

Because there's no Ice Stone for Glaceon. And they didn't evolve Magneton into Magnezone cause they hadn't made it yet

You obviously don't understand what he's saying

Gamefreak always comes up with some kind of new item or something that explains canonically why you couldn't obtain that Pokemon in previous games. Snorlax eggs didn't hatch into Munchlax because Snorlax wasn't holding a specific kind of incense. Magneton didn't evolve into Magnezone because he needs the specific magnetic waves of mt. Coronet. Mt. Moon can't cause Magneton to evolve into Magnezone because if it could, Magnezone would've been available gen. 1.

Gamefreak works that way

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - mozzy - 05-18-2009

They could just not let you get them.

Espeon and Umbreon weren't attainable in FRLG so I wouldn't be surprised it were like that in HGSS for other pokemon.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Ravecat - 05-19-2009

To expand on the Mt.Moon idea, they could try to come up with something like "Oh a meteorite landed in this one place and it emits the right waves so Magnezone can evolve here now."

But I doubt it.