The VG Resource
Official E3 Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Official E3 Discussion Thread (/thread-13557.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Official E3 Topic - Alex - 06-16-2010

Man, Nintendo really went crazy this year. After a few years of disappointment with their obsession with the casual games, they really catered very well to the real Nintendo fans finally.

Microsoft was uber disappointing with their gimmicky bullshit. It seemed the only good thing they showed off was Halo Reach.

RE: Donkey Kong Country Returns - Iceman404 - 06-16-2010

(06-16-2010, 06:11 AM)Phantom K Wrote:
(06-15-2010, 11:42 PM)JarJar Wrote: You guys suck, kirby was just as awesome as this, and that old game revealed back in 06 was shit and you know it, which is why they scrapped it.

Anyway, this game looks like a great return to DK, loving the moves mixed between him and diddy.

thanked harrd

the old Kirby game looked generic, this game has style and looks fun as hell
Seriously?
His copy ability is not even here now...And its gonna get distracting to look at EVERYTHING made of strings after you play the game for a while. I can't believe they managed to make a Kirby game look this girly...I know he's a pink puffball and all, but he's a pink puffball that's meant to kick ass with Metaknight music playing in the background. But at least they added 2 Players, like they always do.

EDIT: Or are we talking about the same Kirby game here?

RE: Donkey Kong Country Returns - Alpha Six - 06-16-2010

So... what's wrong with innovation, again?

They're trying something new, you don't even know if it's going to be bad or not yet. Sometimes the sequels with new gameplay end up even better than the old ones.

RE: Donkey Kong Country Returns - Iceman404 - 06-16-2010

(06-16-2010, 09:55 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: So... what's wrong with innovation, again?

They're trying something new, you don't even know if it's going to be bad or not yet. Sometimes the sequels with new gameplay end up even better than the old ones.

Welp. I guess I can't really judge it from a 1 minute trailer. But I just hope Nintendo does this game right. They've never screwed up a Kirby game before.

RE: Donkey Kong Country Returns - Kairos - 06-16-2010

I'm loving epic yarn, because it might actually be challenging when it isn't just "Oh I got Mirror power I win the game now."

Also Yarn is another word for story, so this is actually "Kirby's Epic Story".

But this really isn't the thread to talk about this in. :V

RE: Official E3 Topic - Iceman404 - 06-16-2010

(06-16-2010, 07:26 AM)MoneyMan Wrote: [Image: HarryPotterE3OfEpicness.gif]

Do you mind if I use that as a sig.?

RE: Donkey Kong Country Returns - Alpha Six - 06-16-2010

(06-16-2010, 10:06 AM)~bieberfever~ Wrote: But this really isn't the thread to talk about this in. :V
IT IS NOW.

RE: Official E3 Discussion Thread - DadNier - 06-16-2010

yeah I was actually thinking that they might mean "kirby's epic story" in which case they mean epic in the old sense of the word (grandiose, large in scope) which doesn't make me go "uuuugh shut the fuck up" so i'll accept that

also for the guy who said 1:1 sword control doesn't add anything; just randomly thrown in there, no it doesn't, but if you actually watched the fucking presentation w/ shiggy, you saw they were actually doing stuff that involved moving the sword in specific directions and such, so it's not like it's your usual "oh, you slash guys!!! but you do it with a flailing instead of buttons!!! woah!!!" it's an actual concept that they will probably be developing and using in different ways (you know, actual fucking game design)

also, heh sony 599 points more like 10 (the only good thing they showed was portal and no one's gonna play that on the PS3 they're gonna play it on the PC and sony isn't making it nor is valve a close partner of sony so sony really deserves almost none of the props for it)

RE: Official E3 Discussion Thread - Kyleglor - 06-16-2010

Used spoiler becuase its a huge pic.
The game in the middle looks like New Super Mario Bros on the 3DS. not sure about the one on the right. What do you guys think those are?

RE: Official E3 Discussion Thread - Iceman404 - 06-16-2010

Those are pikmin on the right. I just saw a video on this exact picture on youtube.

RE: Official E3 Discussion Thread - MoneyMan - 06-16-2010

its only a demonstration of the 3DS's graphics, not a game

RE: Official E3 Discussion Thread - Chaoxys - 06-16-2010

(06-16-2010, 11:38 AM)Kyleglor Wrote: Used spoiler becuase its a huge pic.
The game in the middle looks like New Super Mario Bros on the 3DS. not sure about the one on the right. What do you guys think those are?

Research some more please. As MoneyMan said, those are demos, nothing but still shots that when tilted, show the full 3D effect. I was serious when I said research some more btw, as in, find and watch the video if you haven't because it's rather interesting.

yeah more than likly tech demos but ive heard somewhere that it may turn existing games 3d which would explain NSMBDS, but i sorta doubt that.

RE: Official E3 Discussion Thread - Chaoxys - 06-16-2010

(06-16-2010, 12:12 PM)Kyleglor Wrote: yeah more than likly tech demos but ive heard somewhere that it may turn existing games 3d which would explain NSMBDS, but i sorta doubt that.
They've already revealed those games. LoZSurpriseoT3D and Star Fox 64 3d are the titles. Not only will they make use of the new system, they will also receive a graphic overhaul. They didn't mention any other games like that so I'm guessing thats it, at least for now, but I doubt they'd redo something from anything past the N64 anyways.

(06-16-2010, 12:11 PM)Chaoxys Wrote:
(06-16-2010, 11:38 AM)Kyleglor Wrote: Used spoiler becuase its a huge pic.

Research some more please. As MoneyMan said, those are demos, nothing but still shots that when tilted, show the full 3D effect. I was serious when I said research some more btw, as in, find and watch the video if you haven't because it's rather interesting.

Ah didnt know they were still frames. I have seen a vid but the still frame was obvious on it because it was on a trophy stand like from brawl. plus they arnt supposed to record screenshots even though a lot of people tried.