The VG Resource
Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Assist Trophies and Pokemon (/thread-8719.html)

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 12-22-2009

(12-22-2009, 10:23 AM)Neslug Wrote: I had an idea for an Assist Trophy / Pokémon (list seems to be finalized now though) that acted like Bellossom, but instead of causing players to fall asleep, it would gradually heal damage from any player nearby, not just the one who released it. Only lasts for about 5 seconds though, to prevent enemies from camping near it. If one more Pokémon is still welcome, it would be Shaymin in this case. Thought a little change of pace would be nice since there isn't an AT / Pokémon that heals damage yet (if we exclude Chansey's eggs).

Only the Pokemon list is finalized now. I'm sure ts possible that it could be changed later given enough incentive, but for now its staying as it is to give people a good idea of what needs to be sprited.

The Assist Trophy list however is still a work in progress so if there's anything you'd like to suggest for that go ahead.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Chaoxys - 12-22-2009

I think the AT list needs to be updated. I think a few suggestions have been made.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 12-24-2009

(12-22-2009, 05:38 PM)Shyguy Grey Wrote: I think the AT list needs to be updated. I think a few suggestions have been made.

Sorry I've tried to keep it up to date. For the most part if its not up there its probably because it was suggested without a clear description of what it does.

If you can post the ones I missed and there descriptions though I'll be happy to get them up on the first post.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Koopaul - 12-24-2009

Why is Waluigi, Saki Amamiya, Samurai Goroh, and "Custom Robo" still on the list when they are now characters?

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 12-24-2009

(12-24-2009, 12:48 AM)Krampus Wrote: Why is Waluigi, Saki Amamiya, Samurai Goroh, and "Custom Robo" still on the list when they are now characters?

That would be because I forgot to remove them. They're gone now.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Chaoxys - 12-24-2009

(12-24-2009, 12:40 AM)Shadowth117 Wrote:
(12-22-2009, 05:38 PM)Shyguy Grey Wrote: I think the AT list needs to be updated. I think a few suggestions have been made.

Sorry I've tried to keep it up to date. For the most part if its not up there its probably because it was suggested without a clear description of what it does.

If you can post the ones I missed and there descriptions though I'll be happy to get them up on the first post.
Only one I can think of is the Linebeck one I suggested where Jolene (the pirate girl) chases him with her sword while he runs away in a comical manner. If he runs into anyone, they slip and fall, and are then whacked with Jolene's sword.

No offense but I think most of those AT choices are pretty lousy.

Also it doesn't make sense that Poochy is super special and super rare, that should be the job of of a super special and super rare character like Mew.

Poochy is a common action character. It doesn't suit him to be that rare wonder character that grants gifts.

Make him run around and dig holes that act like pitfalls.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Crappy Blue Luigi - 12-24-2009

Proto Man should be the Mega Man Assist Trophy.

You break the Assist Trophy case, his trademark whistle plays, and he teleports in.

He charges up his Big Bang Strike from Mega Man & Bass. Once it's fully charged, he'll turn in the direction of whoever's closest to him, fire, and teleport away.

The shot itself travels a straight path and is fairly quick, but it's quite powerful.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Gold - 12-24-2009

(12-24-2009, 02:22 AM)Krampus Wrote: No offense but I think most of those AT choices are pretty lousy.

Also it doesn't make sense that Poochy is super special and super rare, that should be the job of of a super special and super rare character like Mew.

Poochy is a common action character. It doesn't suit him to be that rare wonder character that grants gifts.

Make him run around and dig holes that act like pitfalls.

You knwo what? I actually really like this idea a lot better Surprise Big Grin

Have you played yoshi's story? All Poochy does in that game is sniff out secret items hidden in levels, so it makes perfect sense to use him as previously stated. The fact that he's rare is to keep people from getting him all the time, thus getting nothing but trphies and no help battle wise.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Gold - 12-24-2009

Yeah but Very Sad

But like I said before Poochy shouldn't be the super special character.

Besides when Tingle was an AT he didn't make maps he did random crap! He never did that in his games.

(12-24-2009, 03:18 AM)Krampus Wrote: But like I said before Poochy shouldn't be the super special character.

Besides when Tingle was an AT he didn't make maps he did random crap! He never did that in his games.
Use balloons? Make items appear out of nowhere? Yeah, he did. (the items part being from WW where he made the Tingle Tuner by dancing).

And how are you defining Poochy as "super special"? Because he's rare? That's to prevent having an AT that can't help you in battle showing up as often as the ones you would really need.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Ton - 12-24-2009

Well SOMEONE has to be rare and the decision to make them rare is what makes them special, not vice versa.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Locked Achievement - 12-24-2009

Its just like pokemon like mew; there so damn rare but dont help you in battle