The VG Resource
Costumes (Will reopen later- NO NEW COSTUME IDEAS FOR NOW) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Costumes (Will reopen later- NO NEW COSTUME IDEAS FOR NOW) (/thread-8166.html)

RE: Costumes - mutantyoshi - 12-10-2009

Maybe, only certain characters should have costumes, like Zelda/Sheik could be their Toon Forms, Keep Doctor Mario, Mr. L, Dry Bowser, and anyone else who actually has other forms, I wouldn't do characters like the Pokemon, Olimar, Yoshi, DK characters, and some 3rd Party, like Geno.

RE: Costumes - Wes - 12-10-2009

Why would Zelda/Sheik get Toon costumes if Toon Link is his own character? Plus, that's not a costume. We'd have to completely resprite the entire sheet, due to differences in body proportions, head size, and pretty much everything else.

RE: Costumes - Crappy Blue Luigi - 12-15-2009

Has Classic style Sonic been suggested for his costume yet?

It's not like it'd need to be sprited from scratch. Editing Sonic to look like he did on the Genesis shouldn't be too hard.

RE: Costumes - Shadowth117 - 12-15-2009

(12-15-2009, 06:34 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: Has Classic style Sonic been suggested for his costume yet?

It's not like it'd need to be sprited from scratch. Editing Sonic to look like he did on the Genesis shouldn't be too hard.

If you ask me, he's not really different enough in that form to warrant even a costume. There's definitely some differences, but nothing noticeable enough for a sprite to be worth using.

RE: Costumes - Crappy Blue Luigi - 12-15-2009

I'd say the most noticeable differences are in his chest, feet, face, and quills.

The quills and feet might be pretty minor, but I'd notice the difference in his chest and face.

But hey, it was just an idea.

RE: Costumes - red reaper - 12-15-2009

(12-15-2009, 06:48 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: I'd say the most noticeable differences are in his chest, feet, face, and quills.

The quills and feet might be pretty minor, but I'd notice the difference in his chest and face.

not a bad idea but if that doesn't fly maybe he could have his shoes from sab2 it might be a verry small coustume change but it still would be neat.Cute

also i did lucas's alternate outfits how this [Image: Untitled-16.png]

RE: Costumes - Shadowth117 - 12-15-2009

(12-15-2009, 10:03 PM)pieguy 3000 Wrote:
(12-15-2009, 06:48 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: I'd say the most noticeable differences are in his chest, feet, face, and quills.

not a bad idea but if that doesn't fly maybe he could have his shoes from sab2 it might be a verry small coustume change but it still would be neat.Cute

I like the idea of SA2 Sonic's shoes as long as his fur color is slightly darker or lighter for that costume.

Lucas's costumes look great by the way.

RE: Costumes - red reaper - 12-15-2009

(12-15-2009, 11:09 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote:
(12-15-2009, 10:03 PM)pieguy 3000 Wrote:

I like the idea of SA2 Sonic's shoes as long as his fur color is slightly darker or lighter for that costume.

Lucas's costumes look great by the way.
probably darker since he was pretty dark in that game

RE: Costumes - Bazzoka - 12-16-2009

I don't think Sonic should have an alt costume. From what I know, you guys are suggesting costumes that hold little differences and are trying to make up for it with colours. I demand to see a sprite to prove me wrong! >:V

RE: Costumes - Crappy Blue Luigi - 12-16-2009

Okay, I admit it.

The only reason I wanted Classic Sonic as his costume was because his Final Smash could be Classic Super Sonic. >:

RE: Costumes - red reaper - 12-16-2009

(12-16-2009, 12:18 AM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: Okay, I admit it.

The only reason I wanted Classic Sonic as his costume was because his Final Smash could be Classic Super Sonic. >:
it would be nostalgic to see and he would be differentTongue

RE: Costumes - tsr moderation staff - 12-16-2009

classic sonic 4 brawl
edit: wait why the hell do we need new sonic anyway?

RE: Costumes - red reaper - 12-16-2009

(12-16-2009, 12:26 AM)the legend of tunermonocle Wrote: classic sonic 4 brawl
edit: wait why the hell do we need new sonic anyway?
because its what every body sees sonic as anymoreSad

RE: Costumes - Bazzoka - 12-16-2009

(12-16-2009, 12:24 AM)pieguy 3000 Wrote: it would be nostalgic to see and he would be differentTongue

(12-16-2009, 12:11 AM)Bazzoka Wrote: I don't think Sonic should have an alt costume. From what I know, you guys are suggesting costumes that hold little differences and are trying to make up for it with colours. I demand to see a sprite to prove me wrong! >:V

:V

RE: Costumes - Shadowth117 - 12-16-2009

I have to admit Bazzoka really does have a point. There really isn't a heck of a lot of difference between classic Sonic and modern Sonic that can be displayed in a sprite. Sure the old and new promotional Sonic art has many differences, but its difficult to display them so small considering how minor a lot of them are.