The VG Resource
Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-34.html)
+------ Thread: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei (/thread-6942.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Deathbringer - 09-03-2011

Children of Mana
[Image: comana__rabite__icon.png] [Image: comana__snowyrabite__icon.png]

I'm using the Japanese names only because the game itself doesn't have an in-game bestiary (that I know of) and it was easier finding the Japanese names.
---
Okay, I'm going to base the names on Sword of Mana's list since the color scheme looks the same. This means I need to rename Rabilion to Snow Rabi as that one is blue.
---
I'm going to use the English names from Sword of Mana since it will be easier to compare the sheets to the monster book in-game. I know at least 1 monster is an Children of Mana original and I might have found the Japanese name for that.

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Davy Jones - 09-03-2011

Nice, is there a way to extract the tilesets?

Just the tilesets? If you extract the files out of the ROM, like with Tahaxan or NDSTool, each enemy has a minimum of 4 files:

For example, Pumpkin Bomb
Code:
- ENE_014_0.NANR <- Not needed for tilesets.
- ENE_014_0.NCBR <- Graphics, linear but requires widths 1, 2, or 4 (for Tile Molester) or 8, 16, 32 (for TiledGGD)
- ENE_014_0.NCER <- Not needed for tilesets.
- ENE_014_0.NCLR <- Palette 1 'Pumpkin Bomb'
- ENE_014_1.NCLR <- Palette 2 'Grenade Bomb'
Some enemies might need a higher width but you get the point.

Tile Molester Palette Filter
Code:
<palettefilter extensions="nclr" colorformat="CF00" size="256" offset="0" endianness="little">
            <description>Nintendo NCLR Palette (*.nclr)</description>
    </palettefilter>

That should work.

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Davy Jones - 09-03-2011

ouh, I meant the environment. Sorry for that.

Beats me. I might have found the files they might be in but they might be compressed.

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Deathbringer - 09-05-2011

[Image: comana__deathflora__icon.png] [Image: comana__darkbatmo__icon.png] [Image: comana__bumpkin__icon.png] [Image: comana__bebe__icon.png] [Image: comana__batmo__icon.png]
---
[Image: comana__wooding__icon.png] [Image: comana__sabrekitty__icon.png] [Image: comana__knollbear__icon.png] [Image: comana__molebear__icon.png] [Image: comana__killerpansy__icon.png] [Image: comana__howler__icon.png] [Image: comana__grumpkin__icon.png] [Image: comana__dullahan__icon.png]

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Deathbringer - 09-11-2011

[Image: comana__basilisk__icon.png] [Image: comana__assassinant__icon.png] [Image: comana__apemummy__icon.png] [Image: comana__anthrosect__icon.png] [Image: comana__achecone__icon.png] [Image: comana__beholder__icon.png]
---
[Image: comana__viper__icon.png] [Image: comana__tonpole__icon.png] [Image: comana__tanpole__icon.png] [Image: comana__sahagin__icon.png] [Image: comana__poto__icon.png] [Image: comana__locud__icon.png] [Image: comana__imp__icon.png] [Image: comana__gremlin__icon.png] [Image: comana__goblin_guard__icon.png] [Image: comana__goblin__icon.png] [Image: comana__ghoul__icon.png] [Image: comana__garuda__icon.png] [Image: comana__duck_gi__icon.png] [Image: comana__dainslaif__icon.png] [Image: comana__cobra__icon.png]
---
[Image: comana__mushboom__icon.png] [Image: comana__needlebeak__icon.png] [Image: comana__malboro__icon.png] [Image: comana__lizardon__icon.png] [Image: comana__killafish__icon.png] [Image: comana__insectaur__icon.png] [Image: comana__iffish__icon.png] [Image: comana__gloomoth__icon.png] [Image: comana__ghostum__icon.png] [Image: comana__dragodon__icon.png] [Image: comana__cumulus__icon.png] [Image: comana__cockatrice__icon.png]
-
[Image: comana__zombine__icon.png] [Image: comana__wormwood__icon.png] [Image: comana__wolfiend__icon.png] [Image: comana__werewolf__icon.png] [Image: comana__tyrranos__icon.png] [Image: comana__taxibird__icon.png] [Image: comana__specter__icon.png] [Image: comana__skeleton__icon.png] [Image: comana__silkspitter__icon.png] [Image: comana__shamanion__icon.png] [Image: comana__seadragon__icon.png] [Image: comana__punkster__icon.png] [Image: comana__pricklebeak__icon.png]

If anyone is wondering, I already have the monsters done, I just need to tag them all and make icons. And find the names of some.

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Deathbringer - 09-12-2011

[Image: comana__limeslime__icon.png] [Image: comana__kingox__icon.png] [Image: comana__grayox__icon.png] [Image: comana__chessknight__icon.png] [Image: comana__cherryslime__icon.png] [Image: comana__bonnymatango__icon.png] [Image: comana__bloodybjorn__icon.png] [Image: comana__bloodowl__icon.png] [Image: comana__bigbaby__icon.png]
-
[Image: comana__chobinhood__icon.png] [Image: comana__chobinhoodlum__icon.png] [Image: comana__clinchercrab__icon.png] [Image: comana__copperknight__icon.png] [Image: comana__nightsniper__icon.png] [Image: comana__pinchercrab__icon.png] [Image: comana__shadowzed__icon.png] [Image: comana__shadowzero__icon.png] [Image: comana__tinknight__icon.png] [Image: comana__tintortoise__icon.png]
-
[Image: comana__curseddoll__icon.png] [Image: comana__darkcyclops__icon.png] [Image: comana__dendentezla__icon.png] [Image: comana__earthcyclops__icon.png] [Image: comana__earthbasilisk__icon.png] [Image: comana__eyespy__icon.png] [Image: comana__firecyclops__icon.png] [Image: comana__hoppintick__icon.png] [Image: comana__lightcyclops__icon.png] [Image: comana__mooncyclops__icon.png] [Image: comana__voodoll__icon.png] [Image: comana__watercyclops__icon.png] [Image: comana__windcyclops__icon.png] [Image: comana__wizardeye__icon.png] [Image: comana__woodcyclops__icon.png]

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Davy Jones - 09-13-2011

The Lime Slime is a Green Drop? Weird how they reused the names for enemies which were originally other monsters.

Oh, and your Pincher Crab sheet has partly blank space on it, maybe you want to fix that. Btw, great rips, it's funny to see this mixture between SoM, SD3 & LoM.

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Deathbringer - 09-13-2011

I'll fix Pincher Crab later, I want to get the rest up first.
-
[Image: comana__fierceface__icon.png] [Image: comana__flamemoth__icon.png] [Image: comana__griffonclaw__icon.png] [Image: comana__hellhound__icon.png] [Image: comana__meanmask__icon.png] [Image: comana__moldygoo__icon.png] [Image: comana__petitposeidon__icon.png] [Image: comana__sandscorpio__icon.png] [Image: comana__skullbeast__icon.png] [Image: comana__skulldrake__icon.png] [Image: comana__spinycone__icon.png] [Image: comana__stainedsword__icon.png] [Image: comana__tomatoman__icon.png] [Image: comana__turtleshelly__icon.png]
-
[Image: comana__cottonbomb__icon.png] [Image: comana__iceleech__icon.png] [Image: comana__kiddragon__icon.png] [Image: comana__landdragon__icon.png] [Image: comana__landleech__icon.png] [Image: comana__skydragon__icon.png]

And this is it for all identified enemies, now I have to figure out 2 golems, 3 mimics, and a couple of recolors.

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Dazz - 09-15-2011

My girlfriend, Charlie, AKA Tigerlily, is now going through this page and uploading everything under "Enemies" - I assume that's right?

Amazing job sir, absolutely stunning work!

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Davy Jones - 09-15-2011

Wow, awesome =)

This spiny cone is really different from the one in LoM, I would say it's just the same name and nothing else.

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Deathbringer - 09-15-2011

Enemies, yes. Plain and simple.

Dav: I checked the Japanese bestiary and they are the same enemy, they have the same name Wonder.

Now it's official, Children of Mana is most ripped and Soul Hackers is the second most.

And your girlfriend spelled Pricklebeak wrong.

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Dazz - 09-17-2011

Wow, one hell of an eye you have there!

Fixed!~

Also, if you're interested, here's the top 10 most ripped games on tSR:
Maple Story 826 sheets
Pokémon Black/White 804 sheets
Mario Series 700 sheets
Pokémon Series 509 sheets
Tales of Eternia 495 sheets
Mother 3 344 sheets
Paper Mario 304 sheets
Suikoden II 285 sheets
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 269 sheets
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 252 sheets

And for you personally,
Children of Mana(115 sheets)
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers(51 sheets)
Shin Megami Tensei II(46 sheets)

In total you've ripped 697 sheets.

RE: Deathbringer's Submissions Zwei - Random Talking Bush - 09-17-2011

Holy crap, I knew MapleStory had a lot of spritesheets, but I didn't expect it to have the most out of all the games. Surprise