The VG Resource
Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 (/thread-3818.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Jermungandr - 01-30-2009

I think I figured out what's been bothering me about Sword Matter's cape. It's the way the illuminated part of it tends to rub right up against the shaded part. It needs at least a thin sampling of the neutral line between them to give it more of a smooth transition.

[Image: swordmatterhelp1.png]

Also I think the color you're using under his cape at the moment is a tad too dark. I have to look really closely to even make out his shape against it. Try something more like this:

[Image: swordmatterhelp2.png]

Finally, while I don't mind you using the sword from my old sheet, I honestly think you could do a lot better job if you tried.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - AgentLym - 01-30-2009

Ah... A'ight! I'll make those changes, and clean up my sheet up a bit. Also, I stuck Sword Matter in an actual game creating program (I totally forgot I had Multimedia Fusion 2), and the sword animations just aren't quite smooth enough for KSSU style... so I think I'll remake the sword, with some 'swooshing' action. lol

... I just had a major 'laziness spurt' today, which is why I didn't want to make an entire new sword. But, my motivation and inspiration are a-brewin'! Wink

By the way, thanks for your constructive criticism! It's helped a lot! Big Grin

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Kitsu - 01-30-2009

Well, sword attacks in Kirby games tend to have motion blur, so that could help reduce the number of frames you'd have to do.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Chaoxys - 01-31-2009

(01-30-2009, 10:21 PM)StarshadeRovak Wrote: [Image: cleankirby-2.png]
Got a little farther on Clean Kirby

I'm going to be honest when I say, that needs a lot of work. And by "a lot of work", I mean, you'd be better off starting over.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Omegakyogre - 01-31-2009

Listen: Those are terrible sprites. They have bad outlining, bad shading, and they're out-of-style. Start over, and this time start with an outline that is smooth and not jagged, then go for the colors. Pay attention to your light source (above!) when shading, and don't pillow-shade. The hat needs to be curved, as well, because it's way too flat and inconsistent at this point.
Also, don't use the same broom sprite for every single Kirby sprite. It'll animate very poorly.
--
I'll make more progress on Acro sometime soon, it's just been slow lately.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Simona-King - 01-31-2009

I think I'm done with Sweetstuff. I feel he is ready to be put to the completed sheets. So can you put him to the completed sheets Drshnaps or what do you think?

@BaegalUnsureure you can use and edit him as long you give me, Hiro-sofT and Nintendo credit.

Next one I will make will be an other Boss from KDL2 I think.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - ville10 - 01-31-2009

@Simona-King: I don't think it's ready for submission yet. The lightbub is oddly shaped. Look at one at home, they are round. Also, the star thing is pillowshaded, and the lineart isn't very good. The die animation is also very odd, Why is the cross hanging below his eye? I also feel that the fins is wrongly shaded, especially the big one.

EDIT: The forehead also needs to be rounder and generally you need to smoothen out the shading.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Matt - 01-31-2009

i updated my clean a bit, and i found out that starshade rovak was donig clean tho Cry[Image: cleankirbyrb0.th.png]
i made the bandana rounder and edited the brush.
if starshade is doing clean, can i help?

I just thought about something. If this is kssu, wouldnt there be helpers? like a bubble helper, or a ufo helper!

@Matt: Your clean is more in style, but it still needs work. The bandanna should be rounder, and needs a darker outline (not black) where it connects to Kirby's head. Also the broom doesn't look like a broom. Check this sheet for a reference. I also think Kirby should hold the broom differently. Why would he hold it upwards like that?

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Green Fire Kirby - 01-31-2009

(01-30-2009, 07:48 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: Green Fire Kirby, if we made a NIDL enemy, would you be able to add it to the sheet? Also, I remember seeing a Sparky a few pages back. You gonna add that if you are?

Well, I would need permission from the creator, but if you have one of those enemies you would want me to add, I would be able to.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Batandy - 01-31-2009

Okay boys, [Image: darkmthumbnailta0.png]
I've added a alternate Raimbow sword Palette,and i've tried to fix the petals.
This is Really the best i can do.

I'm done with Two Face:
[Image: twofacezv0.png]

[Image: twofacerw0.gif]

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Matt - 01-31-2009

[Image: cleankirbyfb4.th.png]

i made a new holding broom pose, updated the broom and rounded of the bandanna. i hope its better so i can start to animate!

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Omega - 01-31-2009

How'd I miss this Very Sad

Well anyways, does anyone mind if I claim
Master Green
Blocky
and Efreeti?

I'd like to try KSSU-ifying them myself

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Danny531 - 01-31-2009

(01-31-2009, 12:10 AM)Shyguy Grey Wrote:

I'm going to be honest when I say, that needs a lot of work. And by "a lot of work", I mean, you'd be better off starting over.

to tell the truth..ya your going to have to start over...thats just...eww..first of all why are the lines so thick on his..."broom" and i see no shading what so ever...
EDIT: okay now I see the new one..much better good job