The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Makermatic21 - 03-27-2013

Looks like it could be cool if it is real. I'm still wondering where the series is about to head. There's been great "teams" in the past: Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Snaggem, Plasma... I wonder who the new antagonist will be. As always I'm curious about the region as well and now we have over 700 Poke'mon to catch! As we get closer to the release date this should be pretty cool I think. Smile

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - DioShiba - 03-27-2013

Honestly I think it's for real.

I mean, nothing is really set in stone yet, besides if it really was fake then chances are it would probably look completely different. I'm convinced it's in the pokemon style.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Ton - 03-27-2013

Man, I want that to be real. I like Jynx and would love to be able to use it.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Zadaben - 03-27-2013

I don't think it's real, due to the crystals that popped up out of nowhere, and also the drastic anatomical shift.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - TomGuycott - 03-27-2013

Trade Jynx with Crystal B-cups for evolution.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - puggsoy - 03-27-2013

(03-27-2013, 03:51 PM)Zabadabenabadaba Wrote: I don't think it's real, due to the crystals that popped up out of nowhere, and also the drastic anatomical shift.

This is nowhere near as drastic a change as Magikarp turning into Gyrados. Dewott into Samurott is also a pretty big change, as is Shelmet into Accelgor. I don't think there's any argument that Pokemon don't need to look similar to their evolutions.

This looks about as authentic as it can get, as far as I can tell. If someone faked this then they 1) are one hell of a Pokemon designer and should be hired by Game Freak (or Creatures Inc. or whoever designs Pokemon), and 2) went to unusual lengths to print it out, put it on a stack of other papers, and take an amateur photo of it (or make it look like that).
Not saying it can't be a fake of course, I just think it's more likely to be real than not.

(03-27-2013, 05:00 PM)puggsoy Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 03:51 PM)Zabadabenabadaba Wrote: I don't think it's real, due to the crystals that popped up out of nowhere, and also the drastic anatomical shift.

This is nowhere near as drastic a change as Magikarp turning into Gyrados. Dewott into Samurott is also a pretty big change, as is Shelmet into Accelgor (or Metapod to Butterfree, or Venonatt to Venomoth). I don't think there's any argument that Pokemon don't need to look similar to their evolutions.

This looks about as authentic as it can get, as far as I can tell. If someone faked this then they 1) are one hell of a Pokemon designer and should be hired by Game Freak (or Creatures Inc. or whoever designs Pokemon), and 2) went to unusual lengths to print it out, put it on a stack of other papers, and take an amateur photo of it (or make it look like that).
Not saying it can't be a fake of course, I just think it's more likely to be real than not.

While I do think that this evolution is real, I would like to point out that, if the was indeed a fake, there wouldn't necessarily be that good of a few screen shots on the page along with it.

The crystals aren't really that drastic of a change ether. I mean, there are a ton of pokemon that have some drastic changes in evolution and honestly the crystal bra isn't really anything at all.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Goombaking123 - 03-27-2013

Ok, I zoomed into the image to check the Chespin sprite/model/whatever

It matches, as does the background with the one in the trailer

So it looks like its legit everybody!

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Zadaben - 03-27-2013

(03-27-2013, 05:00 PM)puggsoy Wrote: This is nowhere near as drastic a change as Magikarp turning into Gyrados. Dewott into Samurott is also a pretty big change, as is Shelmet into Accelgor. I don't think there's any argument that Pokemon don't need to look similar to their evolutions.

First to second evos are usually the biggest shift aside from some of the bugs/Tyranitar, Magikarp to Gyarados is based off a myth, and Shelmet to Accelgor is because of the tradeoff with Karrablast.
Also it's just not a logical advance in my opinion, in no previous stage is there any reference to any gems of any kind. The same goes for its sudden growth spurt and weight loss.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Garamonde - 03-27-2013

since when is there a rule that Pokémon must make sense?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 03-27-2013

There's usually a reason for why every Pokemon is the way it is. Sometimes it's not a very good reason, but there's always a reason. It's never, "Oh I thought a Fire/ Rock Kangaroo would be cool, and it can shoot lasers from it's eyes!" No there's always some thought into it.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 03-27-2013

The crystals are hardly "Out of Nowhere."

Without getting into the whole gypsy fortune teller aspect, she's a psychic/ice type. Both of which heavily use crystals in their motifs.

(03-27-2013, 05:45 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: since when is there a rule that Pokémon must make sense?

It's the unspoken rule that quality fiction typically adheres to.

While we're at it I bothered to Romanize the Japanese name for Frostitute (or what some people are calling her) out of boredom:
ルジエリア -> Rujieria

Seems kind of more legit given that Jynx's japanese name is Rougela or something like that.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - [robo9] - 03-27-2013

Nope.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 03-27-2013

Also, are we just going to ignore that there are screenshots of it in battle?