The VG Resource
Costumes (Will reopen later- NO NEW COSTUME IDEAS FOR NOW) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Costumes (Will reopen later- NO NEW COSTUME IDEAS FOR NOW) (/thread-8166.html)

RE: Costumes - HyperSonic92 - 12-04-2009

Weird. The Fusion suit looked much different than the last time I saw it.

Sure I guess we could use it but I figured the original Power Suit would be cool for nostalgia.

RE: Costumes - Koreo the Fox - 12-08-2009

Mabey Olimar could have on casual cloths and his Pikmin could have on helmets with different lights?

RE: Costumes - Bazzoka - 12-08-2009

No, because that makes no sense. We're not making the costumes, we're taking them from preexisting ones. Don't think that ever appeared in a Pikmin game, unless someone can prove me wrong :V

RE: Costumes - Koreo the Fox - 12-08-2009

(12-08-2009, 06:12 PM)Bazzoka Wrote: No, because that makes no sense. We're not making the costumes, we're taking them from preexisting ones. Don't think that ever appeared in a Pikmin game, unless someone can prove me wrong :V

He did have his space helmet off in the beggining of pikmin 2, but I just thought if Olimar could breath, The Pikmin wouldn't be able to.

And so my point is stands. Never in an official game, shouldn't be in this.

EDIT:
Now, if you said something about just having his helmet off and not changing what he's wearing, then maybe but... that's not too big of a difference to seem good enough. Olimar has no alternate costume we can use.

RE: Costumes - Crappy Blue Luigi - 12-08-2009

Olimar? I thought we were using the Pikmin Olimar seen in the bad ending of the first Pikmin. Basically, helmetless Olimar with a Pikmin stem.

We were?

... Apparently we are? Personally don't see why since we don't actually see his body to claim he's still wearing his suit. I mean, his helmet was removed when he was turned into a pikmin, so... his suit could have been removed too. No one knows.

RE: Costumes - Koreo the Fox - 12-09-2009

(12-08-2009, 06:56 PM)Bazzoka Wrote: We were?

... Apparently we are? Personally don't see why since we don't actually see his body to claim he's still wearing his suit. I mean, his helmet was removed when he was turned into a pikmin, so... his suit could have been removed too. No one knows.

I agree

1.It doesn't go with the storyline
2.He would think he was a Pikmin
3.The way he enters would make no sence,I mean, a Pikmin driving a ship?
4.what I quoted
5.He would have to die first
6.The moves wouldn't be possoble,pikmin pluking pikmin,pikmin whisling,pikmin whip?Side b would make scence though, as the blue pikmin throw pikmin out of the water

RE: Costumes - Chaoxys - 12-09-2009

(12-09-2009, 05:21 PM)Ice Climber Pikmin Wrote: I agree

4.what I quoted
6.The moves wouldn't be possoble,pikmin pluking pikmin,pikmin whisling,pikmin whip?Side b would make scence though, as the blue pikmin throw pikmin out of the water

1. The world of SSB is seperate from that of the games normal world.
2. You are over analyzing this.
3. See 2
4. wut
5. See 2
6. And pokemon can use pokeballs, whats your point?

Seriously, SSB hardly makes any sense anyways, theres no point in trying to over think an it.

RE: Costumes - Rökkan - 12-10-2009

(12-09-2009, 09:08 PM)Shyguy Grey Wrote:

4.what I quoted

3. See 2
4. wut
5. See 2

Seriously, SSB hardly makes any sense anyways, theres no point in trying to over think an it.

Let's put Sonic as Mario's alt costume, and everyone who says that they're not the same character is just overanalyzing it.

Alternative costumes are that: Alternative costumes. Let's not go overboard with this and just include alternative costumes on characters that actually have an alternate costume and that are somewhat important/memorable/cool to have them in.

RE: Costumes - Vinnie - 12-10-2009

Saki-No ponytail.

RE: Costumes - Chaoxys - 12-10-2009

(12-10-2009, 12:37 PM)Rökkan Wrote:
(12-09-2009, 09:08 PM)Shyguy Grey Wrote:

4.what I quoted

3. See 2
4. wut
5. See 2

Let's put Sonic as Mario's alt costume, and everyone who says that they're not the same character is just overanalyzing it.

Alternative costumes are that: Alternative costumes. Let's not go overboard with this and just include alternative costumes on characters that actually have an alternate costume and that are somewhat important/memorable/cool to have them in.

A different version of the same character is different than two completely different characters. And besides, I was saying that him saying "Pikmin can't use Pikmin" is over analyzing is because in SSB, Pokemon can use Pokeballs.

RE: Costumes - Gold - 12-10-2009

Pokemon can use Pokéballs in the anime too, and I would assume that they could in the games as well if the situation ever presented itself. But yeah, I see nothing wrong wiht everybody having alt costumes, makes it more "fun".

RE: Costumes - Chaoxys - 12-10-2009

My point is, is that saying an alt costume keeps the character from doing something (in this case, Olimar as Pikmar) shouldn't make a difference. It's just an alt costume for fun. I mean, Dry Bowser is Bowser's alt, but it's not like if he eats food to heal, the food will fall out of his torso.

RE: Costumes - tsr moderation staff - 12-10-2009

i think olimar's fine without one just because its not like anybody actually wants to play as pikmin olimar. with fusion samus or classic wario, a lot of people actually would want to play as those. pikmin olimar seems like way too much effort for just a little joke.