The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Ton - 02-12-2013

Yeah, it looks just like Victini.
And the fact that they're only showing one Eeveelution is a little sad. We usually get at least two.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - senjen - 02-12-2013

actually that new Eevee's evolution is called Ninfia when translated a Japanese friend of mine said so as well as Serebii.net as well said the same thing.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Sengir - 02-12-2013

[2/11/2013 9:22:05 PM] Sengir: victinixeevee
[2/11/2013 9:22:10 PM] Lindsey: pfff
[2/11/2013 9:22:12 PM] Zac: skylaxeevee

XY confirmed for Human-on-Pokemon breeding

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Cshad - 02-12-2013

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll release a set of physically based eevee's (rock, flying, fighting)?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - NICKtendo DS - 02-12-2013

If it isn't Normal or Dragon, then I don't know. It's probably Normal with some kind of new ability to match the appearance.
I doubt there'll ever be a new Type. Everything's basically covered. Light Type makes no sense as Grass, Steel, Fight, Bug, Electric, Normal and Psychic have their share of light-based moves, it's as good as covered.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - water dog - 02-12-2013

If it's a new type, fine. If it's Normal, that's good too. I'm trying to keep a completely open mind this gen (not that I didn't the previous gens), but whatever Gamefreak decides to do, I'm on board.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Sol - 02-13-2013

It does look like Victini, but I can't help but think it actually looks more similar to Milotic, at least in terms of colors and accents.

[Image: 350Milotic.png]

From what I remember contests haven't been in games since Diamond and Pearl, but if they appear again then maybe this could be a beauty-based evolution? (the bow and ribbon features give me that vibe too) That's all I can think of besides it just being normal or a new type. I wouldn't mind having a Light type, I've never been very into the meta-game so stuff like "the type-strengths are imbalanced now!!" wouldn't bother me, although it might be a different story with everyone else.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 02-13-2013

As far as I'm concerned they're already imbalanced with Steel.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Tellis - 02-13-2013

An interesting theory I've heard is that, because of the genetic theme to X/Y, and that this has a very feminine design, that this is just the first of two gender-based evolutions, this one probably being flying type and the other to be announced later will be a male, masculine fighting type evolution.

(02-13-2013, 03:06 AM)Koopaul Wrote: As far as I'm concerned they're already imbalanced with Steel.
Please explain. Sure they resist a lot but, they've got plenty of common type weaknesses (Fire, Ground, Fighting) and they have next to no decent STAB attacks (what ones there are have terrible distribution). What exactly is imbalanced?

Well I guess Steel on its own isn't bad but when you mix it with certain other types it becomes unstoppable. Especially Psychic/Steel types.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - TomGuycott - 02-13-2013

Steel is a pretty powerful type, but in most cases Steel Type takes a lot of work to get them to their strongest point. Lots of them have really high evolution levels (The Gen 5 Pokemon introduced have final evolutions in the 40's and 50's when only having one pre-evolution stage), others require special items in order to evolve (Steelix, Scizor) or require unique conditions (Escavalier, Lucario, Magnezone). In addition, lots of Steel types have quadruple weaknesses, such as Bisharp against Fighting and Ferroseed and every Bug/Steel type against Fire. The exceptionally powerful types, as you said, are Steel/Psychic types, especially when you consider things like Bronzong's abilities giving it immunity to one of its two potential weaknesses.

All in all, though, the Steel Types are a reward. You don't find an awesome Steel type pokemon running around outside the first area of the game; you have to earn them, a lot like Dragon types, though not QUITE as rare as that.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Cshad - 02-13-2013

(02-13-2013, 04:30 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Well I guess Steel on its own isn't bad but when you mix it with certain other types it becomes unstoppable. Especially Psychic/Steel types.

Use Ground/Fighting moves. Psychic/Steel isn't even the best combination.

Steel should have been weak to Water and Electric with how many resistances it has, though.

The Psychic part neutralizes the Fighting type attacks.

I guess it also annoyed me that they were immune to poison... even though it makes sense I guess.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - TomGuycott - 02-13-2013

Well overall I think it still makes sense based on the pokemon who have that typing in the first place. Metagross is a pseudo-Legendary (an excellent one at that), complete with all the downsides such as taking a long time to fully evolve, but high returns afterward. Jirachi is a Legendary, so there its not too much of a problem. Bronzong is an exception, I guess, but he's not SUPER powerful, though I have had situations where they have caused me some trouble (and benefit for that matter).

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - redblueyellow - 02-14-2013

So they revealed the new eevee evolution's name today, Sylveon:

It might be a name reference to a sylph, which could hint towards being a flying type.