The VG Resource
Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 (/thread-3818.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - AgentLym - 01-28-2009

@ Tonberry 2K
Wait a sec... what do you mean by the ripple doesn't start from the trim? Do you mean that it shouldn't? Or that it doesn't? Because, it does, but... maybe you're right? Maybe it shouldn't? I don't really know what's wrong with it. I mean, it'll look like that, but since Sword Matter will probably be constantly moving (at least up and down slowly) if he were put in a game, I don't think it'll make much of a difference. But I still don't see what you guys are seeing! Tongue

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Ton - 01-28-2009

No, it should, but it seems that the cloak waves independently of the gold trim. The gold trim should wave first, then the ripple goes across the cloak.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Dr. Hammer - 01-29-2009

Interesting...

I applaud anyone who's submitted anything, no matter the quality. My attempts at customs are... complete failures, to be honest. I can't even do Mini Kirby right for god's sake. Just having something you are proud enough of to post in this thread, acceptable or not, is excellent and worthy of congratulations.

Course, this is from me, who can't draw a straight line with a ruler. But...

Hm. Shame that in a project involving customs, there's little I can do. But, I can do this. For those of you making abilities...

[Image: WhyNot.png]

This is most of them. It's up to you whether or not you want to use them, and don't give me credit if you do. They should work, though... I think the max size is 64x12, and the largest here is Star Rod's 61x12.

It isn't much, I admit. Just arranging the letters (except Q, because nobody cares about Q.) already ripped. (By RTB, by the way.) But I wanted to do something.

And I included Iron, Top, and Baton for the heck of it. Why not, it took maybe an extra two minutes.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Zach (KK) - 01-29-2009

[Image: KirbyAnimalKSSU.png]

Not really my best work, but my first Kirby edit.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - AgentLym - 01-29-2009

@ Tonberry
Ooooooh... I see whatcha mean. I actually intended to do that in the first place, but that's how it turned out! It looked really... not-realistic when I tried that way, so I added a little extra wave to it. But, I may try again, and if it looks good, I'll post it here. Wink Thanks for the tip!

@ Dr. Hammer
Hey, every little bit counts! I am, personally, very thankful for your work! Otherwise, I would have had to search for the sprites myself and try to remember how the letters are put together, then make my word... And I am very glad I don't have to anymore! Big Grin

@ Zach (KK)
Hm... something seems off, but I don't know what. Tongue It looks as if an animal is just laying on Kirby's head... But, maybe that's how it's supposed to look! Wink

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Batandy - 01-29-2009

[Image: darkmthumbnailym0.png]

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - KillerAslox - 01-29-2009

Hmm... K, I'll take UFO back. Tongue
But first I gotta get rid of the blue screen.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - ville10 - 01-29-2009

Guess I should help others by giving criticism too...

@Drshnaps: Both look very good, keep up the good work!

@Simona-King: Good, but he could be fatter, and the light bulb could be better shaped. Is also need to brighter, as if it was shining.

@A.J. Nitro: Shouldn't Big Waddle Dee be bigger, compared to the original sprite, he looks too small. Otherwise it's good.

@Zachattack888: Chip should probably be a bit pointier and he looks a bit small. You also need to move the eyes up a bit.

@Baegal: The eyes look really boring, check Kirby's sprite, the eyes are never just a straight line. The foots also seems to be pointing in the wrong direction compared to the rest of the body.

@Torkirby: Looks good so far, but I think you should remove the gray pixles below the hat and next to the eyes.

@Batandy: The eye needs to be rounder, and it also seems oddly colored. Check the Kirby's Dream Land 3 sprite for a reference. The yellow part could also use some more shading.
Also, shouldn't the rainbow sword be rainbow colored?

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Geo the Fox - 01-29-2009

(01-29-2009, 09:34 AM)Batandy Wrote: [Image: darkmthumbnailym0.png]

I, for one, suggest removing Rainbow Sword, giving him a sheet of his own, and doing more to it. Like making some of the poses like the first portion of the Star Rod fight in KA/KNiD. Just a thought. Also, yeah, isn't the rainbow sword... rainbow?

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Jermungandr - 01-29-2009

I think the Rainbow Sword is actually normal colored and just leaves a rainbow colored trail.

[Image: rainbowsword.gif]

Why is nobody commenting on how bad and out of style the Dark Matter itself is? I feel like you guys are trying to make me the bad guy when I'm always the one that points this stuff out.

When need to get some meaner critics in this topic stat.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Batandy - 01-29-2009

[Image: darkmthumbnailga6.png]

I've edited the KDL3 Dark Matter's eye to ook more KSSU-ish,and i've added more shading and and some new palettes for the Sword.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Jermungandr - 01-29-2009

Okay the eye does look considerably better but that's not where the main problem lies. It's the petals on the rear of his body. The lineart for them is terrible and they barely have any sort of shading at all. Additionally they are spaced out awkwardly. Look again at the one for KDL3:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/kirbydream3/sheet/2824

See how his petals seem to be touching each other almost when viewed from an angle? Also note that when viewed from the front he only has eight petals visible, and they are relatively symmetric and evenly spaced around his body.

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Kitsu - 01-29-2009

Not to mention, the petals are actually just simple spheres.

@Batandy, I can't see your latest version.
EDIT: Okay, now I can.
First off, the eye looks better now. However, when he closes his eye... it looks weird...

The lineart for the petal thingies is still pretty bad. Try to make them look more spherical, but not too much. In the KDL3 sheet, the petals look like somewhat spherical tenticles; they're probably blobs of some sort.

Finally, when looking up and down, the eye should be looking in that direction, too, not towards the camera.

Oh yeah, more AA and shading.

Just fix those first, then you can focus on the other things, like the Rainbow Sword or more Dark Matter poses.

@Drshnaps, happy now?

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - ville10 - 01-29-2009

(01-29-2009, 12:27 PM)Drshnaps Wrote: Why is nobody commenting on how bad and out of style the Dark Matter itself is? I feel like you guys are trying to make me the bad guy when I'm always the one that points this stuff out.

When need to get some meaner critics in this topic stat.

Sorry, the eye was so obviously wrong that I couldn't really concentrate on anything else.

Anyway, I finished Two Face, though I can't really decide on what versions to use.
[Image: twofacefp3.png]

Sprites in a column is different versions of the same pose. Which ones should I use?

RE: Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2 - Kitsu - 01-29-2009

Pillow-shading is bad. Also, more frames for spinning would be good.