The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - TomGuycott - 01-19-2013

Then again, would the power behind a console be a way to trade more than one pokemon at a time? I doubt the power has as much to do with it as the copious amounts of data associated with each individual pokemon, both seen and unseen.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - puggsoy - 01-20-2013

I hope they stay on handhelds, although they don't necessarily have to be exclusive. It's just that the only consoles I've owned myself are handhelds and I won't get a home console just for Pokemon, so if they become exclusive to those I most likely won't play any more.

Plus, one of the charms of the games are that you can play on a long car trip or anywhere, really. They also last pretty much forever, since even if you've battled everyone you can go on a quest to catch every single Pokemon (and fill up the Pokedex, your original intention), so you basically always have something to do. On a console you'd be fairly restricted not only in terms of where but also when you can play.

I don't think there's a logical reason to switch to consoles, if they wanted to they could have done so ages ago.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Previous - 01-20-2013

(01-19-2013, 11:43 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: I doubt the power has as much to do with it as the copious amounts of data associated with each individual pokemon, both seen and unseen.

Gen 4: Probably about 136 Bytes for the whole data of one Pokémon. That's not really much and I never understoof why trading Pokémon takes that much time, but then again it's probably just that the trading animation takes way too long!

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - NICKtendo DS - 01-20-2013

(01-19-2013, 05:09 PM)Chairman Pug Wrote:
(01-19-2013, 05:25 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote:
(01-18-2013, 07:22 PM)RokuGurin Wrote:
(01-18-2013, 05:57 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: Axolotl
'nuff said

That would be Wooper.

Still a reptile with a name more complicated that it could've been.

amphibian

also you guys dont seem to know what a pokemon is

its a monster that fits in your pocket

Potatoes, potatoes. (I thought they were permanently immature lizards, which I think qualify as reptiles, but I didn't study animal biology, so...)
Point is, why be bothered about Feraligatr's spelling if real life does crazier things.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 01-20-2013

Real life is aesthetically unpleasant.

This is why man made fiction.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - RokuGurin - 01-20-2013

(01-19-2013, 05:18 PM)Kriven Wrote: Do you guys think the move to 3D graphics could be a gateway to main series games showing up on home consoles, or will Pokemon games remain handheld exclusives?

I don't understand why people want this so much. The point of it being on handhelds is to have it on the go and trade with others.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 01-20-2013

I can't stand the graphics right now. They look way too choppy and not smooth at all. I know they have a few months before release, but i highly doubt they're going to look any cleaner.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Previous - 01-20-2013

(01-20-2013, 12:45 PM)RokuGurin Wrote: I don't understand why people want this so much. The point of it being on handhelds is to have it on the go and trade with others.
It's the usual console-vs-handheld debatte. I prefer handhelds, other prefer their consoles. They both have their pros and cons and the trading argument weights less now that everything works through the internet, too.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - NICKtendo DS - 01-20-2013

(01-20-2013, 12:56 PM)Previous Wrote:
(01-20-2013, 12:45 PM)RokuGurin Wrote: I don't understand why people want this so much. The point of it being on handhelds is to have it on the go and trade with others.
It's the usual console-vs-handheld debatte. I prefer handhelds, other prefer their consoles. They both have their pros and cons and the trading argument weights less now that everything works through the internet, too.

I find it easier, more reliable and more convenient to trade locally.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Garamonde - 01-20-2013

Pfft, I just love consoles anyway. Of course Pokémon is going to stay on handhelds...

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - DioShiba - 01-20-2013

If there was a console game for pokemon it'd have to link up with the handheld games.

There's no fucking way I'm going to play a pokemon console game that has battling and RPG features without it.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gaia - 01-20-2013

(01-20-2013, 07:27 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: Potatoes, potatoes. (I thought they were permanently immature lizards, which I think qualify as reptiles, but I didn't study animal biology, so...)
Point is, why be bothered about Feraligatr's spelling if real life does crazier things.

Birds being named after human body parts comes to mind.

And as with Mr. Popo's post, I SO agree with that, especially with interaction with the games themselves, it's why I loved Stadiums 1 & 2, as they were around BEFORE the gameboy player and guess what? Both games allowed you to do that!

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Sevenstitch - 01-20-2013

I guess I'm on the exact other side of the fence for this one. I would love a Console Pokemon game that strayed from its roots. I'd like a more immersive action rpg
experience, one where when i enter a forest, the forest is more than a grid of tree sprites. I'd love to see Pokemon in real time, existing in an environment, and actually
be able to control my Pokemon when they fight. I'd love to be able to dodge and counter-attack, not because my stats dictate that these actions are possible, but because
I actually made my Pokemon do so.

TL:DR I've had my fill of the same old formula, I'd like a new main-series Pokemon game that evolved past grid-based maps and random battles.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 01-20-2013

(01-20-2013, 05:39 PM)Gaia Wrote: Birds being named after human body parts comes to mind.

And as with Mr. Popo's post, I SO agree with that, especially with interaction with the games themselves, it's why I loved Stadiums 1 & 2, as they were around BEFORE the gameboy player and guess what? Both games allowed you to do that!

I'm not quite sure why you mentioned the GB Player unless you're comparing it with the GB Tower in Pokemon Stadium. But even in that case, the Super Nintendo could play at least the first gen games on a console way before Pokemon Stadium.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gaia - 01-20-2013

I was kinda comparing it to the GB tower, but considering I never owned a SNES, I would never known it was possible to do that via the Super Game Boy player.