The VG Resource
Pokemon Pink - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Pokemon Pink (/thread-148.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Pokemon Pink - Torres. - 05-23-2009

Can I do Ponyta?

[Image: PinkPonyta-2.png]

The leg raised and angled makes it looks like those ponies in some pictures lol. I might change a couple stuff though.

I showed the step by step of my work for the first pose and I did a second pose to show it like resting if the first one isnt good. The first one is supposed to show the pride ponyta has by its elegant-ness, the second one is pretty self- explanatory: I dont know how to do the eyes so if some one could help me.

RE: Pokemon Pink - Hoeloe - 05-25-2009

Neither of those are good. Too small, head is TINY, needs HOOVES not feet, body is far too round. Barely looks like a horse.

RE: Pokemon Pink - Torres. - 05-25-2009

Ok, I will fix that but I would like to get some people currently working in this project to comment since it's their level of standards and in the end their opinion. I knew I needed hooves but I struggled to make them so I'll try again, thanks for the critique though. Smile

RE: Pokemon Pink - X Gamer 66 - 09-22-2009

Blahblahblah wordswordswords to follow, I'll just put the TL;DR up here:

Wanna be a project manager for Pokemon Pink? Hit me up.

--------
Needlessly extended version:

Hello. Just posting to say I'm really sorry about the constant dry spells this project undergoes. Truly, I never had nor do I currently have any intention of letting this project die, but I simply do not have the time to keep up with this project or my spriting abilities in general. I hate that this project makes so little progress despite how far we've already come, and I'd especially hate it if it ended altogether...

So I just came to ask, would anyone possibly be interested in becoming a temporary project manager for Pokemon Pink? You wouldn't even need to directly contribute sprites to the project per se, just hopefully provide decent constructive criticism for people and update the progress list every so often. Hell, you wouldn't even need to update THAT frequently, but anything's better than these 6 month stand-stills.

If you're interested, it'd be great if you had an understanding of Pokemon Yellow style (or could learn it quickly), as well as decent spriting/critiquing abilities. But ultimately the main things I'm hoping for in a manager is time and devotion; the spriting talent and critique comes largely from the contributors anyhow, it IS a community project after all. Post here/send me a PM/email me/whatever if you're interested. Note: It definitely wouldn't be a bad idea to explain to me why exactly you feel up to the task, maybe provide sprite/criticism examples etc, especially if I don't know you very well. I'll be sure to provide more information and answer any questions that you may have if you ask.

*(Please note: you'd be doing this of your own free will, I don't 'really' have any way to repay you for your efforts.)*

This is, of course, assuming people still care about this project, lol.

RE: Pokemon Pink - shadshaddo - 09-24-2009

is this a game or just sprites? (sorry for the noobish question)

RE: Pokemon Pink - X Gamer 66 - 09-27-2009

(09-24-2009, 02:09 AM)shadshaddo Wrote: is this a game or just sprites? (sorry for the noobish question)
This project is only concerned with sprites, there's no plan of a game at this point. But the sprites would be free to use if someone wished to make a game with them.

Bumping to say I sadly haven't gotten any response to my plea. Position is still open if anyone is considering it. Otherwise, ehh, I guess I'll just try my best to make free time for updating myself (easier said than done though).

RE: Pokemon Pink - Helmo - 09-27-2009

Hey my old exeggcute Big Grin
I might fix it up when I get bored

and eww my tangela Sick

RE: Pokemon Pink - maarten - 10-15-2009

okay im new and i made for you a kadabra for you pkmn pink game

[Image: 2hpk86d.png]

RE: Pokemon Pink - Neros Urameshi - 11-29-2009

This looks like it'll be an ingenious Pokemon GBC-like project! I can picture Jigglypuff going with the Trainer like Pikachu does in Pokemon Yellow!

RE: Pokemon Pink - Rhyme - 11-29-2009

(11-29-2009, 07:08 PM)Neros Urameshi Wrote: This looks like it'll be an ingenious Pokemon GBC-like project! I can picture Jigglypuff going with the Trainer like Pikachu does in Pokemon Yellow!
nice bump, dude. Tongue

RE: Pokemon Pink - Hoeloe - 12-10-2009

Personally, I think this would be great as some form of Mod for Yellow Version. For now lets just concentrate on getting the sprites done. I haven't been here for a while, been too busy to get anything really done.

RE: Pokemon Pink - X Gamer 66 - 04-01-2010

Just here for my obligatory biannual bump.

For the Kadabra: No idea if you still post or have interest in the project, but the back arm is awkward, the hands are a bit small, and the tail seems a bit big. I like everything else, especially the pose.

Also, tried Tentacruel.
[Image: pkmnpinktent.png]

Will try to update in a bit, but my internet's being ass.

RE: Pokemon Pink - Alpha Six - 04-01-2010

Oh wow it's X Gamer

where you been at man

RE: Pokemon Pink - X Gamer 66 - 04-02-2010

(04-01-2010, 04:21 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Oh wow it's X Gamer

where you been at man
Tyvon right? Sup. Just been busy with life.

Anyhow, behold, the first real update in over a year. Forgot to mention, I'm liking Clutch/JoshR's Pink design. JoshR's sprite just looks odd with the legs and hat.

Also, I tried fixing Zapdos. I feel bad for butchering Star's sprite, haha. At least it fits the size limit though.

RE: Pokemon Pink - X Gamer 66 - 04-04-2010

I gave Rhyhorn a go. Turned out pretty meh I think, but I can't pinpoint what I don't like about it.