The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 01-16-2013

Yeah, they look bizarre.

They also look like living, breathing, things.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 01-16-2013

Jinx looks like a blow up doll with a wig and cheap clothing,

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Dear President Seinfeld - 01-16-2013

Yeah Jynx does not look like it has ever taken in a breath.

Looks like a fat mermaid to me.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Zac - 01-16-2013

I'm fine with all those non animal like gen 1 pokemon, because even if they don't fit into the natural world they still fit the urban environments that exist in rby, and
also they fit there individual purposes very well, mr. mime and jynx as exotic pokemon that exist outside of nature and even reference the digital world that all pokemon exist in, in the form of in game trades, and hitmonchan and hitmonlee as dojo pokemon that provide an ingame decision as to what type of fighting the player wants to pursue. Porygon is also pretty fitting in a retro-futuristic way.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 01-16-2013

(01-15-2013, 10:52 AM)Mr. Popo Wrote: There really isn't a point in whining about the designs. Shit there's always a design that's an absolute turd in comparison to others. Magnemite and Magneton are two huge examples far as gen 1 goes.

Magnemite and Megneton are very likeable in design. We understand what we are looking at, they have clean clear shape, and a big cartoony eye with the potential for personality.

A good example of a design I don't like from Gen 1 is Staryu and Starmie. Their single jewel eye lacks any personality or endearing qualities. No emotion, just lifelessness. That is Staryu and Starmie.

Don't think I'm just being nostalgic. I dislike designs from all Gens.

(01-15-2013, 08:50 PM)Sevenstitch Wrote: [Image: FIXED.png]

much better, now he looks just as plain as the rest of the boring pokemon

Damn... I never complained about Pachirisu before. I thought he had an okay design. But after seeing this. He looks so much better! So much cleaner, to be precise. Don't get me wrong, he was fine before, but damn... less really is more!

I can't say I'm fond of Pokemon that slap on a lot of nonsense all over their body. The biggest offender has got to be [Image: Seviper_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29]. Looks like Picasso was drunk one night and started painting on snakes. Why does he have caterpillar feet? That awkwardly scrunched up body? Those purple zigzags, those yellow hexagons, that crazy cut-out face! This Pokemon is truly a representation of madness!

Ahem, sorry I went off the deep end. See what Seviper does to me?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - puggsoy - 01-16-2013

(01-15-2013, 10:14 PM)Hipster Bastard Wrote: Digimon go from a small creature to some gigantic machine motherfucker.

I don't recall any pokemon that do that

To be fair Squirtle becoming Blastoise isn't too far off.

[Image: 009Blastoise.png]

I never got those water cannons. Although yeah, it's nowhere near as much as Digimon.

By the way, since we're talking about the organicness and naturality of Pokemon, my biggest gripe on this front is probably their names, and that they can only say them (apart from Team Rocket's Meowth and Mewtwo and probably some others). I mean it's especially annoying with stuff like Mr. Mime: both parts of its name are actual English words. I just can't imagine that it was created naturally to look like a mime, have mime-related moves, and be capable of only saying the words "Mister" and "Mime". That's a heckload of coincidence if you ask me.

!!!!~In the main series of games the Pokemon actually make animalistic roars and don't say their names.~!!!!

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 01-16-2013

They still say their names in other games. And it can be annoying at times.

Does anybody know how the name-saying came about?

Edit: Just curious. Since it's been brought up I've been wondering about it.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - DioShiba - 01-16-2013

(01-16-2013, 03:16 AM)Koopaul Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 10:52 AM)Mr. Popo Wrote: There really isn't a point in whining about the designs. Shit there's always a design that's an absolute turd in comparison to others. Magnemite and Magneton are two huge examples far as gen 1 goes.

Magnemite and Megneton are very likeable in design. We understand what we are looking at, they have clean clear shape, and a big cartoony eye with the potential for personality.

I think magnemite and magneton have very little if no personality given the simplicity.

Don't get me wrong, I can see why people would like them. But in my opinion they're probably the most bland pokemon that exist solely because of it's simplicity. Magnezone surprisingly improved what was wrong with those two pokemon's designs and actually it was the first time I really gave a damn about magnemite and it's evolutions.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Mutsukki - 01-16-2013

The fact is, as a kid you take in any kind of thing they throw at you. When you grow up you see on -newer- generations how silly it is, but since you liked it so much as a kid, you fail to see that on previous ones.

Some people might get pissed at this, but it's just my 2 cents. I still can't see any reasonable argument that makes Mr. Mime any more belieavble than, I don't know, Pachirisu or even Garbodor, lol.

Also I think Magnemite's simple design is one of it's biggest charm. The fact that it can express such an array of emotions (at least in the anime) with just an eye is interesting. It's actually one of my favorite Pokémon. Though, I also like Magnezone

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - NICKtendo DS - 01-16-2013

You'll only see flaws you want to see.
There'll always be Pokémon you like and Pokémon you hate.
Deal with it.

You see, I don't like how Xerneas looks. That's me. There'll be people that like Xerneas. That's good. Pokémon is for everyone.
But here's an idea. Why don't I just pick Pokémon Y instead of X. Yveltal looks cool. But even if he wouldn't, I still have over 700 other Pokémon to choose from.
So stop arguing about designs. It's pointless. We have over 700 Pokémon now, so did you really expect all of them to be "good", let alone meet your standards? If you tell me all first 151 designs were good, you are a big, fat liar.

Pardon me for my rudeness, but it had to be said.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Garamonde - 01-16-2013

Thank you Nick.

Also, Seviper is awesome. :I

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Chaoxys - 01-16-2013

Am I the only one who has never disliked a pokemon's design? I mean, I obviously like some more than others, but overall, I'll see a new design and I generally take and enjoy it for what it is. I'm generally not a picky person so that may have something to do with it.