Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
I dig this Game
[Image: XiQ2V.png]

You are a beginner miner and can't wait to go on your own adventures! You equip yourself with several digging and exploring tools to collect rare gems located underground and return to the surface safe and sound. Of course, there are several dangers awaiting you. You could get buried alive, fall in a hole or get stuck forever...

Still, you clench your hands, wear your favorite yellow helmet and start digging in hope to find two shines: One from the valuable gems and another from the sun, when you finally get out of the dark cave.

Designed by Gors, programmed by Previous

I dig this Game is a puzzle game where you have to dig for gems and bring them back to the surface. Take control of the aspiring young miner Cels and use your shovel, pickaxe, columns, bridges, ladders and ropes to achieve your goal!

Take a look at the old project DIG development thread here at the TSR Community for more information and the creation process!

[Image: DRT9HYJ.png] [Image: xpyl0hn.png] [Image: rRV6Ie9.png]
[Image: fZsPTXb.png] [Image: 0sjTmdZ.png] [Image: naByoX3.png]
[Image: KiwKz2m.png] [Image: M1MYEpG.png] [Image: 7SSvyta.png]

The objective of each puzzle is to collect all gems and to return to the surface. You have reached the surface when you are in front of the sky background or when you are above all blocks in the puzzle.
Use shovels to dig downwards and pickaxes to dig sideways. Ladders will help you to reach higher grounds while ropes aid you climbing down. Ropes and bridges can also be used to cross over small gaps. You can jump one block high or over one block forward, but be sure not to fall down more than two blocks in height! When you die, you will have to restart the puzzle form the beginning.
Dirt becomes unstable when you dig below it and may fall down on your head. To avoid that, keep in mind these rules: Blocks are supported from below and the stability increases above gaps. A block that hangs more than two blocks away from a stable wall will cause the overhang to fall down. Keep in mind that caves below affect the stability, too! Rocks on the other hand may safe your life as they only fall in one piece, so as long as one part is sufficiently stable, they won't try to crush you. Use your columns to stabilize the ceiling. When digging a tunnel, place a column at least every three blocks. When you remove a column, you will have a tiny bit of time to run away before the dirt starts falling.
It is adviced not to start your digging adventures without a plan! The pause menu shows your available tools and offers you to get an overview of the whole puzzle.

Download:
I dig this Game on PreviousStudios.net

Misc:
Wallpaper A
Wallpaper B

this is absolutely fantastic! beautiful and simple!
though I seem to be stuck on the second level, I take the rope down, use the rest to make a bridge, dig up the green block... then theres nothing left to do but it won't tell me I've finished the level?
Thanked by:
You have to climb back up! Get to the surface! ;-)
Thanked by: Bombshell93
ah, thanks I was worried for a moment there XD
Thanked by: TomGuycott
this is so cool!!
nice work
downloading it now.
IM SO EXCITED!!
Thanked by:
How can you create your own user graphics/puzzles? Or is that unavailable?
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
The Puzzle Editor and Image Converter are seperate programs that I'll make available once I've polished them up and made them more user friendly. The Image Converter is really awkward to use if you don't know what to do. They also need some proper instruction manuals! I can't say when I'll be done with them.
Thanked by: recme
I love it. That's all I can say.
Well, other than 'I dig this game'.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
Has anyone figured out Map 14?
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
This game is finished?

Sweet, going to try this asap.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I made a thread for this game on the forum of a German video games news website I frequent, Gaming-Universe, and they surprisingly made a news article advertising it! :>

I'll try to get PE and ImCon done soon so you can create your own user content.
Thanked by:
so, how to say this...

Previous, I am really excited and happy to see my idea finally complete. I really can't believe that a small sketch in my notebook would become a reality. Thank you so much!!
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Previous, Garamonde, Jamuk
(01-22-2013, 03:51 AM)Previous Wrote: I made a thread for this game on the forum of a German video games news website I frequent, Gaming-Universe, and they surprisingly made a news article advertising it! :>

I'll try to get PE and ImCon done soon so you can create your own user content.
For those who would like to read it! Genki ^_^
It's not a completely accurate translation from what I can tell but it does give the basic idea. Tongue
Congrats to both of you!
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
I have to download this when I get home. I loved the demo I played a while back.
Thanked by:
I've talked with a few developers in the industry about game dev as a career but given their situation this question never seemed relevant,
so if you don't mind my asking, how long did this take you and what tools did you use (language / libraries)?
I've never had the chance to ask someone working alone / in a small team, so the question is kind of itching me while I may ask it.
Thanked by: