Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! All sprites
I hope this isn't too much of a bump, I beat the game a few days ago and thus realized it's safe for me to pop into this thread without spoilers... which I'm glad, given one of the topics of debate is a rather out of the blue surprise scene.

Anyway, I thought I'd mention that the odd sprite colors are how it is in-game... on the DS version only. They used something to convert the game from the main 3DS version to the secondary DS version, which I guess made use of that 4x4 texture compression thing. The 3DS version's sprites are all uncompressed(or they don't have visual compression, anyway) so whenever 3DS file ripping is possible(unless the game followed Shantae and got an iOS port) you guys are gonna have to dig this back up for them if you all want the highest quality sprites.

Also, people fretting over Lumpy Space Princess and her odd sprites, there's a few things I've noticed. First, the version on the site right now was done without alpha transparency it seems, losing out on some of the outline and some of the effects, making it a bit off. Secondly, there's LSP.png which seems to contain the entire animation set for her little cutscene(I am almost led to believe half of the game's visual budget was split between player sprites and this single cutscene which has over 160 sprites!) which includes many of the sprites in FBLumpy but larger. I bet that her sprites were indeed resized, maybe relating to the shooter bit?

[Image: phszzOh.png]
Here's a frame from the version on the site, the alpha-transparent version from FBLumpy and the version from LSP.png. She's also got her generic idle in LSP_Basic/LSP_NoShadow and the ash tray's separate sprite in LSP_Item. Others might be separated or have duplicates like this, though I doubt there are any that are this severe. (Besides there being more Lady Rainicorn sprites under FBUnicorn that have the same shrunken blur effect and a few attack effects for Finn and Jake scattered about)

EDIT: Oh, also, there's a special edition of the game that comes with a bestiary which should have the official names for everything that could be used on the sheets. While I'm sure a good AT fan could find out most, I'm thinking at least some weren't from the show at all, as well as things that might have appeared in the show with no name given that might be named here. So... uh, anyone happen to have that?
Thanked by: Garamonde, Ton, A.J. Nitro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! All sprites - by Dinner Sonic - 02-27-2013, 01:27 AM