Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Love Thread 2011~12 >REFS INSIDE<
(03-04-2012, 07:33 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Some people like a character so much that they'd love to see other interpretations of that character.

you might even think this way, but I (and I believe others? I dunno) prefer making art of the original characters for love instead of preexisting characters.

I for one feel that making a preexisting character is not love, but rather a fanart, so I get really upset because I feel it should be a character that is 100% related to you.

For example, I love Marina and all but I'd rather receive a drawing of my original creations as love.

Nothing personal, though; I'm sharing my thoughts. It's like pixelart, in a way. You may edit sprites as your first practice in pixelart, but making a custom piece would be much more rewarding. Something like that.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Previous, recme
You know, I've been thinking of changing my refs actually to be my characters Ingrid and Beryl, since I think they'd be more interesting to use than just me in Puyo style.

For now, crosspost from the doodle thread:
[Image: v0Z5R.png]

I'm not on my computer so I'll post Beryl or maybe do a sketch of them both later.
Having three character reps, now THAT's intresting to see, as I would love to see Beryl in this thread too. I had the idea of having two alternate designs for Gaia (The origional "Gundam-Inspired" look, if anyone remembers) and a simplified version of his current design (makes it easier on me, keke).
Thanked by: Previous, recme, Garamonde
To: Recolorme
[Image: iSkwBoJ47rpKB.png]
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: recme
(03-05-2012, 03:26 PM)Devicho Wrote: You know, I've been thinking of changing my refs actually to be my characters Ingrid and Beryl, since I think they'd be more interesting to use than just me in Puyo style.

For now, crosspost from the doodle thread:
[Image: v0Z5R.png]

I'm not on my computer so I'll post Beryl or maybe do a sketch of them both later.

If you want to update your ref, please edit the post that contains your old ref. This way, I don't need to re-link the list all again.

I wrote bolded just to make sure, I am not mad or anything, haha

just edit your old post so it gets automatically updated in the list, thanks c:
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: recme, Gaia, Garamonde
Oh I just went and edited the first post actually to link to that new post, haha. That solution came to mind faster than pulling up the older ref post and editing that.
Thanked by:
Drawing update. Already updated on the original page. For people who are lazy, here.

[Image: GESFG.png]
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Shade
Metaru
[Image: HLS8U.png]
2012 ref.
delicate ballerina feet
i need to compensate the manliness somehow now that i cant have my beard/moustache with me.
Thanked by: Previous
put his dick outside his pants then you got something
Thanked by: Gaia, Gwen, Gors, recme, Iceman404
Give him an insectoid hat. Those apparently are manly.
Thanked by:
add a cigar

cigars are always manly
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: Gwen, recme, Kitsu, Iceman404
Or a crumpled cigarette ol' west style.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
Ten gallon hat.