[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A Beginner's Journey
I'm a super beginner. I've looked up tutorials before but I feel like none of them are at the insanely low level that I'm at, all of them seem to assume I understand things like proper shading. I'm better than I was years ago, I guess, but I haven't really practiced much because I've felt like I've had no idea how to improve.

Anyway, I've finally bitten the bullet and decided to just try. So, I give you my first, full, scratch sprite. (that I'm not totally ashamed of, haha)

I know it's pretty subpar, I was just hoping for basic comments/criticism, anything that'll help me improve this sprite or that'll help my next sprite be better. This (just spriting and taking criticism from people) is really the last thing I can think of to allow me to improve because as I was saying, tutorials seem to assume I can figure out certain things that for whatever reason, I can't figure out.

Thanks for your help. Genki ^_^
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
A Beginner's Journey - by GMX2000 - 05-27-2014, 11:45 PM
RE: A Beginner's Journey - by Omega - 05-27-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: A Beginner's Journey - by GMX2000 - 05-28-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: A Beginner's Journey - by Vipershark - 05-28-2014, 12:45 AM