The VG Resource

Full Version: Official Super Mario Coz Sprite Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: peacec.gif][Image: logoxgm.png][Image: peacec.gif]
Welcome to the Topic. Our goal here is to show what has been made and what is to come for the MechaSource game "Super Mario Coz". All sprites you see are custom made by either Ridge Troopa or myself.
Without further ado, let the sprites commence!

Characters
Mario
[Image: smallmario.png]

[Image: bigmario.png]

[Image: firemario.png]

Yoshi
[Image: yoshi5.png]

Enemies
Goomba
[Image: goombae.png]

Koopa
[Image: koopac.png]

Etc.
Tileset
[Image: tilesete.png]
A big WIP, obviously

Map
[Image: mapx.png]
Another WIP

Lineup
[Image: lineupr.png]

More will come as time goes on.
This looks great. No complaints so far.
I like it, but a few things bug me.

Mario's pupil seems odd, mainly that it has a lighter pixel in the middle, it's like his pupil is being cut into 2.

The hammer bros pupil seems too light imo.

The Angry sun seems... idk, I really can't explain it, but he seems really off.

All that aside, I love what you've got here, especially that Bowser.
very good, but maybe make Luigi a different shade of green? probably darker.

or make Yoshi's shade like the one in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which is a pale-green color.
I love everything except peach's face. Keep this up.
Ho ho ho! Excellent looking stuff, m'boy!

However, I agree with Shyguy Grey about Mario's pupil. I do believe the lighter colors should be on the outside, and the darker on the inside! Otherwise, excellent animations and such. Anything I could say has been said above me.

Keep at it.
Lemme clear up the confusion about Mario's pupil. What you see in his eye is a highlight. It's not blending of any kind. This style uses highlights like this in the eyes, as you will notice if you look at the lineup.
Additionally, if there were bending on the outside of his pupils, they would be much too small.
Yoshi's colors are fine IMO.
Peach is an obvious WIP, which is why it doesn't look amazing.
GB is working on making Luigi's colors a tad darker.
Hammer Bro's eyes can be fixed easily.
I understand that it's meant to be highlights on the eyes, but it looks off nonetheless imo. I'm not saying that he should change it no matter what, but htat he should at least try a few other versions to see if any look better.
Angry Sun looks fantastic. The Yoshi's and their fruits are awesome, and Lakitu is really good too.

Loving this project, would really enjoy the final product.
This Project's looking good! I really like the Yoshi
Yoshi and Goomba look really good. Nice work.
I love these sheets! Can I use for sprite flash or comic?
Your colors are too saturated and your shading needs some work. I'd like to see you try something new for a change. I also like the poses, but your colors and shading are the main problems.
Where are Peach's arms?
(11-26-2009, 01:49 PM)Ridge Troopa Wrote: [ -> ]Peach is an obvious WIP, which is why it doesn't look amazing.
Pages: 1 2