The VG Resource

Full Version: Recommend RPGs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm looking to play a new RPG, but I'm too lazy to go out and look around right now. I've got a Wii and a 360. So yeah, any RPGs to recommend?
emulate all of the shining force games. you're welcome.
You got a comp? You like Arcade battles? You like RPG's Dungeon Fighter.

Wii? Well....Tales of Synphonia Dawn of the New world and Muramasa the Demon Blade are on the Wii. TALES OF VESPERIA, ETERNAL SONATA, LOST ODYSSEY, MAGNA CARTA 2 are on 360.
Grandia 2
I'm assuming you're using a computer to post, so emulate Final Fantasy VI.

If you're using your Wii to post, get the Homebrew Channel and emulate Final Fantasy VI.
Gamecube
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Tales of Symphonia
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Baten Kaitos Origins
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon XVery Sad Gale of Darkness

(note that the Pokémon games here are just passable as good games)

Wii
Paper Mario (Virtual Console)
Shining Force (Virtual Console)
Breath of Fire II (Virtual Console)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Xbox 360
Eternal Sonata
Tales of Vesperia
Lost Odyssey
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Enchanted Arms
get a fucking PS2 and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
I assume you're using a PC to post, so go for the first two Fallout titles.

(11-24-2009, 05:39 AM)Badassbill Wrote: [ -> ]Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

I lol'd.
(11-23-2009, 10:45 PM)Djanjo Wrote: [ -> ]You got a comp? You like Arcade battles? You like RPG's Dungeon Fighter.

You got a comp? You like Arcade battles? You like not having a shitty EXP curve and badly optimised file size? Get MAME and play Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow of Mystara.

Badassbill's largely got the definitive list of games you can run on those consoles without pirating; but I wouldn't reccomend Pokémon Colosseum over XD by any stretch of imagination. Capturable 'mon aside, XD renders Colosseum pretty much obsolete.
Emulate (or if it's on VC, purchase) Crystalis. It's an RPG by motherfuckin' SNK. You won't be disappointed, game owns.
Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, and Borderlands for the 360
Star Ocean-any game
If you aren't into emulation, a good way to get all the good Sega Genesis RPGs is in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. Has Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force 1 & 2, Phantasy Star 1-4, as well as something else I might be forgetting... Beyond Oasis? Was that an RPG?
Strongly supporting Phantasy Star games 1-4. 2 is my favorite so far.
Get a PS2
Grandia 3
Dark Cloud 1 and 2 (The second one is sometimes called Dark Chronicle. Also number 2 is just amazing.)
Disgaea 1 and 2
Any of the .hack// games (Thats like 7 games right there)
Pages: 1 2 3