The VG Resource

Full Version: what is this like the tenth try?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: newstyleattempts.gif]
older version
[Image: zaneidle.gif]
I like how the older version sighs subtley. Nice.
I can't help but feel you're trying to channel 1Up and Nitram at once. That shading style feels too cluttered for such a skinny sprite.
personally I liked the older older version, and yeah what groove said, the shading seems very cluddered and messy.
i'm still not sure if im gonna go with the bigger or smaller one. anyhow, i cleaned up the shading a bit and made a few other tweaks.
I liked the old one better.
The legs are better on the old one, colors are less convoluted, and the whole thing is more readable.

As for the large one, how come it's as detailed as the smaller one? I mean, usually larger sprites have more detail. Give him a face, something resembling fingers, and fix his torso (it looks like an hourglass, fix this guy up with some burgers, man).
oh i totally forgot, its meant to be viewed at 2x. it looks way better that way. also there's a certain degree of stylism involved.
Yeah, and there's a certain degree of stylism involved in your old one.

Also, what is happening with his shirt? If you say "it's abstract" I will bonk you.
yeah but the old one was ugly as piss. also,
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...#pid122942
And I find this uglier than the last one. ???
Just make it a blank shirt, I was trying to look for a parrot. Unsure
well what do you expect me to do? all you're really saying is you hate the whole thing and to be honest... i really don't. half the people I've shown this to love it, everyone on TSR hates it, and a few people think it's okay.
why is his neck connected to the chin?
Uh, what. I'm telling you what's wrong. I'm telling you his torso is f'd up because he'd look like he'd make an excellent swimsuit model.
[img][/img]

His left shoulder looks detached, and the left leg has this weird bulge.

The shoes are better on the small sprite, though.
oh, um. heh heh.
it isn't?
I don't understand why the new one is being hated, it has better colors, better style, and everything better really.
I did some changes though, added some light in his hair and edited his torso a bit, because it looked really weird. I know it's because of the style, but you shouldn't get carried away with it, and I think it looks better like this:

[Image: delicioustuna.png]

I edited the big version only because if you decide to use the smaller verion, it'd be better if you'd use the old style, really.
I also gave some AA to some parts and fixed the gray (you used two grays that were supposed to be the same color and shade, so I fixed it) I also edited his hair to look shorter because I think it looks better like that, but of course, you can change it back =P
OH TUNA THANKS FOR SHOWING THAT KICK-ASS ANIMATION RIGHT WHEN I POSTED >:
Pages: 1 2 3