The VG Resource

Full Version: Another stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm... not bad... could use a little work, though.

The first sheet: You should use more contrast and shade more. Also, make use of anti-aliasing, as in the original sprite. Also, use less space in the sheet: the smaller and organized, the better.

The pixelart: This one is actually nice: You could shade its outline, too. There are some pillowshaded parts (clothes) and some parts are messy (hands, ribbon). Her wings are mirrored, too.

MLSSS style sheet: This one is kinda bad; sorry if I'm being rude. The MLSSS style doesn't allow you to have black outline inside the sprite, I think... and this style makes intense use of motion blur (check Mario's attack for reference). The anatomy is weird and you need to use more gray pixels outside the sprite (anti-aliasing). The character's items need severe shading and anti-aliasing; right now, they look like MS-Paint tool-made sprites. And your color choice is bad; use an official palette; find it at www.spriters-resource.com, resources, tutorials.
It isn't bad at all but I can tell your a Love Hina fan.

Listen to gorsal. He said everything that need to be said.
That doesn't look like m&l:ss
Not a bad start. I can see you need work on shading and saturation. Keep at it. I see lots of potential.