The VG Resource

Full Version: Chao Adventure Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'm aware there's already been a VMU spritesheet. However, that only includes the characters and logos, not Chao Adventure. So here you go, a fairly complete sheet of Chao Adventure sprites:
[Image: ee5b955e30.png]
[Image: 14a6dae737.png]

When I submitted this to TheMFZ (and it was never accepted :/), people complained "YOU DIDN'T MAKE THEM YOU RIPPED THEM!" Chillax. Wording does not need to be taken so seriously. And technically, ripping involves using an emulator or some other tool to get sprites directly from a game, am I right? I DIDN'T do that. I looked at my VMU... then my screen... Pixel by pixel, I re-made the sprites. Yes, the original sprites are by Sonic Team. NO I did not rip them. So please, do not make a big deal out of my wording.

That aside... You're free to use these on whatever you want. I won't hunt you down and shoot you for not creditting me, but if you're crediting other people for stuff, there's no reason you shouldn't credit me. So it's appreciated if you do. Thanks. Smile
that's some real dedication Sick
Or just really bored years ago when I was obsessed with Chao. XD
I had the GameCube version of Sonic Adventure, so I didn't get to play the VMU minigame. It's cool to finally get to see what it kinda looked like.
Hmm... speaking of which... Why not try the SA2 VMU sprites next?

All in all, these look pretty well-done. Great job!
Thanks.

I did some of the Chao Adventure 2 sprites way way back, never got it finished. I really got bored and never felt the need to do it again. XD
Pixel by pixel? That originally how I thought sprites were ripped, either that or digital camera to the screen Shy Great job Smile I wouldn't have the patience to do that. Tongue
Well, emulators really take most of the work out of it. All you have to do is play the game up to that point, halt the gameplay when you want to start ripping, then advance the gameplay frame by frame, taking screenshots every frame. Then you just edit away the stuff you don't need, and tah-dah! You have sprites.
At least, that's how I rip sprites... Other people use stuff like Tile Molester...
It seems like these are game boy color style sprites
Uh, what exactly was the VMU? I've only played the GC versions of SA 1 and 2. Did I miss anything good?

Also, did I miss anything with the numerous Big the Cat cameos that were removed?
VMU. No, not really. And no, not really.
Pretty cool stuff! I like it!