The VG Resource

Full Version: Space rts tiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: wipspacegametiles-1.png]

Tiles I'm working on for a game I'm collaborating with.

whaddya think?
what is what
...Maybe you should make a mock up of the game so we can see how they are supposed to look.
3 tiles and a ship, how is this hard to get?

Okay, I guess you should add more depth to things, like. The tiles look like planes, with detail painted on them.\

The ship has the same problem. Maybe you should try spriting that ship in "levels"?
The problem is that it's a top down game. The tiles are buildings used in the game that you build on a grid. The "ship" is actually a gun turret that rotates on the center axis i pointed out there.
You'll have readability issues with straight on top-down, imo it is the yuckiest view to work on.
Maybe tilting the perspective by the x axis by a few?
The X axis? Don't you mean the Y?
(11-20-2009, 08:21 AM)Kilgore Trout Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have readability issues with straight on top-down, imo it is the yuckiest view to work on.
Maybe tilting the perspective by the x axis by a few?

Dune on the Sega Genesis had no problems to make nicely readable buildings in a top down perspective.

for a Tiled RTS, is the best way to work. problem is that the colors used in the floor and in the buildings in this case is so similar they end merging each other. its just a matter of contrast.
I meant along the x, my bad. Meaning the axis of rotation is the x axis.
out of curiosity, are these tiles going to be scaled up in game or thats the size you're going to use? i ask because if you're planing to, lets say, zoom them to something like 2X the readbility issues could be solved.