The VG Resource

Full Version: Britt's Generic Pixeldump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been playing around with some pretty old concepts that I actually posted
a year or so ago....

[Image: squizconcepts.png]

The main concept being a life form that can morph his arms and legs into
certain objects and/or machinery.

[Image: smiliesd.png]

Have a few smilies I made for my forum. nothing special.
Okay. Um, the smilies, well, there's nothing WRONG with them, its just that there's nothing very special there.

With the others, I really hope all the fully colored ones are from a year ago and the outlines above are new. Because the outlines are smooth and stylish, and the smaller ones below are just terrible. I mean, I'm all for really helping people out with their sprites, but of those smaller ones are the newer, I'd have to say just try again.

If the outlines ARE the new ones, keep going. They look excellent and you've made incredible strides since the lower ones. I'm guessing this is more likely judging by the skill in the smilies.

I'm really sorry if any of that sounds offensive, totally not my intention. Good luck.
No, its fine.
The outlines ARE the new, and I have already started finishing details and shading.

Wish I had more to post, but I have but recently started getting back into spriting and have not
much to show for it.
That's all right. I'm excited to see what you pull next, the outlines are very nice looking, particularly the first and last ones.
It is kind of odd that you say that, cause those are the only two I have shaded so far.

Edit:
[Image: squizconcepts.png]

I think it looks a bit sketchy... any CnC?
It does. When I complimented the outlines, I did still think there needed to be a bit of cleanup on them. If you alter it to be only 1 pixel thick everywhere, it should look good. You have an okay grasp of shading, but I'd add another shade I think, and I don't think there should be a mouth(at least right now).

If you don't mind, I did my own edit.
[Image: britts_stuff.png]
well I think the body should just be allot brighter in general, he just looks a little too dark to me.
I can agree, that's a good idea(although don't brighten the green one, he's plenty bright).
I have a thing for thicker outlines, a habit of mine.

I guess i should try with more shades/thinner outline. gimme a few...
The outline seems weird and the lightspot is really messy.
Try somthing different.
Bump-date~

I just wanted to post the few things i have done lately...

[Image: vaporeon.png]
This was for a contest between me and my friend Shiver in which we had to sprite each
others favorite pokemon, I won.

[Image: imagewat.png]
[Image: logokul.png]
A sketchy logo I had to throw together to put on a few productions of mine.

[Image: avatar_46.png][Image: pinkfloyd.png]
Some avatars for me, nuff said.