The VG Resource

Full Version: Need a fancier HUD for my fangame!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everybody! I'm working on a Mario fangame and, while I've made an HUD, it's only a placeholder for testing to make sure it works.

So I need a new one! Here's the one I've got so far (missing an Air Meter as Mario cannot breathe underwater in my game).

[Image: standing.png]
[Image: otherstuff.png]

Bleh, huh? As you can see, there's a Health Meter, and Extra Health pips that act much like Energy Tanks from Metroid, in that they signify another full Energy Meter. There's also Special Points used to perform special abilities. Not shown is the Air Meter. So, here's pretty much what the limitations on what you can do:

A. If you make the circular style health meter like I have here, you'll also need to create a separate sprite for each health point. While the circular style is preferred, you can make one without this style (in which case, I probably won't need a separate sprite unless you make it oddly shaped).

B. There are three different meters; Health, Special, and Air (not pictured). The Air Meter must be able to disappear when Mario is not underwater without looking awkward.

C. Maximum Health and Maximum Air must be divisible by five and two.

D. Maximum Upgrades are 10 for Extra Health, 15 for Special. (Not shown in the HUD I have now, but this is only a beta version.)

E. Simple to edit if I change my mind about the Maximum Upgrade values.

Other than these five points, you pretty much have free rein over what you want to do with the HUD. You will receive full credit for your work, of course.

Thanks in advance to anyone who submits something! I might be asking a lot, but I really can't make sprites...
I am not doing this but here is also a sugestion, add mario's head to the middle of the circle, like kingdom hearts.