The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokemon edits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What do you think of these? I'm going to change all 493 Pokemon in some way, but I want to know if I'm doing them well enough. Ho-oh is the Diamond/Pearl sprite edited and Zapdos is the Yellow sprite revamped:
[Image: testhooh.png]

[Image: testzapdos.png]
Well, I can't see what you did to Ho-oh, but the Zapdos revamp isn't all that bad. Good job(I think).

Also, my apologies, but I think your sig may be too big. Even if it technically isn't, its a ton to scroll through.
(11-14-2009, 12:13 PM)treeckodude Wrote: [ -> ][Image: testhooh.png]

The colour changes you made to Ho-Oh are just bad and oversaturated. I also don't see the need for flipping the sprite.

Original for comparison:
[Image: dpmfa250.png]

Also seconded, sig too big.
Instead of saying whats bad about the Ho-oh sprite, could you tell me what could be improved on?
Well that's easy. Sprite it from scratch.
Well the H-ho you recolored has colors that seems kind of dark, and some don't match with the light source, how about tryin to make the colors a bit lighter and to get them in the right position ?
How about this one? I did some colour editing, but do you think it looks too much like the original?
(11-14-2009, 02:55 PM)treeckodude Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of saying whats bad about the Ho-oh sprite, could you tell me what could be improved on?

you could actually change something in it instead of adding more saturation to the existing sprite colors. either make a good edit and change the original sprite into something noticeable or simply make it from scrath like neslug already pointed. a simply and/or poor recolour won't impress anyone nor will do anything good for you.
Much better now. Just repose the head and it should look better.

I'm thinking something like the Silver sprite.

Edit: Or just listen to Metaru.
I would say that it does look better. now the colors don't looks so dark, now as Neslug mention, how about changing some body features? making the head look in another way, or changing the whole body into another possition ?
Thanks for the advice, I'm currently editing the head to look like Silver's. It should be ready soon.
I thought of a new idea, how about making it look like Ho-ho is staing in a tree branch, I haven't seen tht in a long time now that I think of it.
And there are many pokemon sprites that can give you a base.
I made the head look like Silver's sprite. Good, or still need editing?
The beek looks kind of big and wide.
Try making it a bit less wider. And the color of the wings bothers me a bit, probably the shading.
How about now? Smaller beak, slightly different shading
Pages: 1 2 3