The VG Resource

Full Version: Shinobi III / Super Shinobi 2 Bosses request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If someone could rip and post the sprites for all the bosses (except the Beta ones which are already present), that'd be great.
The one of highest priority is Shadow Master, the final boss with all the narly DBZ and SF powers.
I actually had begun attempting this. Some bosses are harder than others, and one problem I have is palette changes. Some bosses only change their palette ones, some change it every single hit! Sure, it's not THAT bad, seeing as I can just post all the palettes and say when they are used, but still...

Shadow Master is one that is something I feel confident I can do, because I don't think he has any black outlines (which are gonna be killing me in this game). As for the second one I want to rip, the Ninja Master (the Kabuki boss before the last level), he has frames where he leaps partially out of the screen, and I don't have a program that's been able to get the tiles that get hidden. ;~;

Shadow Master is one I could do though. Maybe by the end of the week, at the latest.
(11-15-2009, 06:55 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]I actually had begun attempting this. Some bosses are harder than others, and one problem I have is palette changes. Some bosses only change their palette ones, some change it every single hit! Sure, it's not THAT bad, seeing as I can just post all the palettes and say when they are used, but still...

Shadow Master is one that is something I feel confident I can do, because I don't think he has any black outlines (which are gonna be killing me in this game). As for the second one I want to rip, the Ninja Master (the Kabuki boss before the last level), he has frames where he leaps partially out of the screen, and I don't have a program that's been able to get the tiles that get hidden. ;~;

Shadow Master is one I could do though. Maybe by the end of the week, at the latest.

Thanks Tom.

I would try this myself - honestly. But I cannot find a good Sega Genesis emulator that can disable layers and rip sprites.

Genecyst could do it, but a) I can't find it and b) I'm not sure it would like Windows 7 x64.
I'm INCREDIBLY sure that Gens+ can disable layers. There's another one called Megasis that might also have the ability, I don't remember which one has which though...
(11-16-2009, 05:59 AM)Number Six Wrote: [ -> ]I'm INCREDIBLY sure that Gens+ can disable layers. There's another one called Megasis that might also have the ability, I don't remember which one has which though...

Gens+ can disable layers, yes. But I tried it on Shinobi 3's Level 1-1, and it didn't disable everything. Musashi and a few trees were on the same layer.
One of the sprites I might have difficulty with is Hydra, the bio-weapon boss at the end of level 3, because his body does that rippling HDMA (Or whatever the heck it's called) effect. Another one I might have trouble with is the Mecha Godzilla boss, because some of his sprite is always offscreen, similar to my problems with the Ninja Master. In both cases though, it is usually just one part of the animation (the part of Mecha Godzilla that's offscreen never really animates).
Hey, I have good news and bad news! The good news: I've gotten every frame of the Shadow Master!! The bad news: No assembly tonight. Sad

It was a little frustrating after realizing that he DOES have black outlines in his first phase. It wouldn't have been a problem if not for one thing: He has two animation cycles that only get performed in Phase 1. Ded Fortunately, I found a loophole, as irritating as it was. I did this one the old-fashioned way: screenshots and AnimGet. AnimGet was completely necessary for one of his attacks, which features a very intricate, fast-moving explosion. The only thing I didn't rip are small white particle effects... those seem to appear everywhere in the game anyway, they aren't a special feature limited to him.

Anyway, expect him before the end of the week! He's got a lot of frames, so assembling this sheet will feel like sewing a quilt... made out of awesome ninjas.
(11-17-2009, 02:21 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I have good news and bad news! The good news: I've gotten every frame of the Shadow Master!! The bad news: No assembly tonight. Sad

It was a little frustrating after realizing that he DOES have black outlines in his first phase. It wouldn't have been a problem if not for one thing: He has two animation cycles that only get performed in Phase 1. Ded Fortunately, I found a loophole, as irritating as it was. I did this one the old-fashioned way: screenshots and AnimGet. AnimGet was completely necessary for one of his attacks, which features a very intricate, fast-moving explosion. The only thing I didn't rip are small white particle effects... those seem to appear everywhere in the game anyway, they aren't a special feature limited to him.

Anyway, expect him before the end of the week! He's got a lot of frames, so assembling this sheet will feel like sewing a quilt... made out of awesome ninjas.

Excellent work Tony, thankyou. Shadow Master is the priority target - the others are completely up to you.

I look forward to seeing this sprite sheet. Any animations or sprite comics I make from it will definitely have you on the credits. Smile
Behold! The Shadow Master! I will be posting this in my regular submission thread as well, just to make sure it gets picked up and added to the site. But I want to post it here too so the requester knows right away.

[Image: shadowmastershinobiiiig.png]
Amazing stuff Tony! Thankyou so much!!

Just imagine if this game got a remake, like on PS3. They could do so much to this guy alone, let alone everything else in the game!
Tony my friend, any chance you could do the other bosses now?

The Robotech-thing boss from Stage 4 would be good. It has a few "powers" that could be used on Shadow Master (imagine him sending out missiles like he does lasers).
The gunship mech is something I can do, but it's something that takes a little while. The miniboss mechs, however, have turned out to be even more difficult to rip than the Mecha Godzilla boss (which is almost done by the way). I have no idea when I'll figure out how to get certain poses for the miniboss mechs.
Do what you can friend.

By the way, congrats on getting some of the other bosses done. Big Grin
Yes, if can get the stage 4 boss, I would just love that.