The VG Resource

Full Version: So I found some stuff in SMW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: unusedsmw.png]
Seemingly nonexistance things found in SMW's graphics. Some sort of a tiny smoke thing (Maybe used for a level far from Yoshi's House? I wasn't sure of the palette), music note, chain link like object (..!), some kind of walking fireball (?), a cloud/dirt tile (?) in with the Sumo Bros, Monty Moles, etc., possibly unused cape tiles for the Super Koopas?, Dino Rhino's fabled fire shooting frames, and lastly, the Super Mario Bros. logo seen in the ancient SMW commercial, but was removed in the final release, the graphics of course, weren't.

I'd submit this if it wasn't a cluttered mess; and if it served any purpose to ANYONE.
Awesome. Maybe you can add to existing sheets on the site?
I was thinking about that, if I get some free time tonight or tomorrow, I might add onto your enemy sheet, and a few others

I might rip all of the layer 3 tiles (iggy's castle wooden smasher, smw logo, text, dithered water, etc.)
Sounds awesome. And if you want to fix all the enemies with white space on the SMW sheet I'm cool with that too. Tongue
Unused sprites always amaze me :]
the one thing I've never noticed though, the chain link MAY have been used as if they had decided to make a chain chomp or a smaller version of the ball and chain object
We need some kind of strike force that looks for unused stuff in games. Tongue
Those capes are used in the Super Koopa's death animation, I believe. Is it possible those "walking flame" sprites are parts of a Blargg?
Also, just as a note, I'm pretty sure I already included those Dino Rhino sprites in my SMA2 sheet, so there's no need to update it on that version.
That reminds me, I never ripped the reproducing fireball enemy.
(11-11-2009, 10:36 PM)jdaster64 Wrote: [ -> ]Those capes are used in the Super Koopa's death animation, I believe. Is it possible those "walking flame" sprites are parts of a Blargg?
Also, just as a note, I'm pretty sure I already included those Dino Rhino sprites in my SMA2 sheet, so there's no need to update it on that version.
I checked, there's 2 pairs of capes, one used and one unused, the ones I ripped are unused. The walking flame uses a similar shading style like the Blargg, but I checked, it seemingly wasn't used anywhere, as the Blargg's pieces are all in a small group on their own. And the unused Dino Rhino sprites in your sheet have a slightly brighter palette than the original SNES versions, thus why I ripped it.
(11-11-2009, 02:13 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]We need some kind of strike force that looks for unused stuff in games. Tongue
I'd join it! Big Grin

Those cape sprites are used in the game, just not for the death sprites. The varieties of Super Koopa that run along the ground before taking off use them.
Here's a screenshot from Donut Plains 1 for proof:
[Image: Super%20Koopa%20screenshot.png]

The Super Mario Bros. subtitle also has a number 4, which exists in the data as well:
[Image: Beta%20Subtitle.png]

This can be seen on the Japanese box:
Link
(11-14-2009, 02:49 PM)Mattress87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2009, 02:13 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]We need some kind of strike force that looks for unused stuff in games. Tongue
I'd join it! Big Grin

Those cape sprites are used in the game, just not for the death sprites. The varieties of Super Koopa that run along the ground before taking off use them.
Here's a screenshot from Donut Plains 1 for proof:
[Image: Super%20Koopa%20screenshot.png]

The Super Mario Bros. subtitle also has a number 4, which exists in the data as well:
[Image: Beta%20Subtitle.png]

This can be seen on the Japanese box:
Link

Hey, you finally joined! Good to see you here. Big Grin
That boxart is what super mario galaxy should've been.