The VG Resource

Full Version: Bullet-Head Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
*Thanks to Rökkan for the topic's name*

I'm doing a bunch of sprites for fun, and decided to show them here Smile

Basically, the game I had in mind is about using magnetism to complete certain tasks (levitate, walk on the ceiling, magnetize stuff). The player has a cannon shell head and can launch it do destroy stuff/defeat enemies, and since he's made of steel, he can sink in water and adhere into magnets, etc... also don't ask me about the game's plot, even I don't know :o If you can give me ideas, feel free to help.

http://img20.imageshack.us/i/gameproject.tif/ (I can't add the img tags or else it'll break the link)

I'll be posting more sprites soon. Give C+C Big Grin
OH
you know how much I love your Bullet-Head concepts
illustrate the other concepts of him too! c:
Okay.

Actually, I drew some concept art for this 'game'. In addition of having all the abilities mentioned in the first post...

[Image: conceptart.gif]

...he can change his head to execute different moves. A hammer, for example. It can be used to press hard switches on the ground. Also he can ride a 'squarecicle', avoiding those triangular spikes.

*also sorry for the image, it's all blurry. I saved it in gif Sad*
Very original game concept
I hope to see more of this Cute
This actually looks really fun.
The only criticism I can honestly give is that the squarecycle would be difficult to ride, and the only way to smoothly ride something with square wheels is if there are "half-circles" in the ground, not spikes.

Yes, that's the only thing I can see wrong with it.

Therefore, great job,
...oh, you're right. Damn, I liked that idea a lot Sad I might do something to fix that, thanks for pointing that out Smile

Also, that item won't be available everywhere, and I don't see why it'd be difficult to ride, since it's a square inside a hole; it would keep the balance even if you were stopped... Well, just consider it as 'Kuribo's Shoe' walking on top of those carnivore plants: something that you can use to walk over dangerous stuff.
Very neat!

As for the sprites, they're very nice, but the style looks a bit... overused?
I love that square wheel and the concepts, but much as i do like the style I'm agreeing with Sploder.
http://radio.weblogs.com/0105910/2004/04/05.html
Technically, triangles would work, though it'd be bumpy and odd.

BUT IT'S A GAME, WHO CARES
carry on Big Grin
[Image: bullethead.png]

So, Rokkan helped me with the sprite style. He did the #4 and edited the #3. I used his #4 as a ref to make the #5, and I think I'm going to use it. The #4 is way too detailed for me to animate Sad
Looks great
I am really liking 5.
Holy cow! Both 4 and 5 look awesome!

5 would go better with 16x16 blocks than 4 would.
Good luck with your project!
I really, really like 4 and 5. The concept also feels similar to Dynamite Headdy, not that that was a bad thing as it's not exactly overused or well-known.
I see the way this will go, I like it.
How about some enemies? I'll love to see what you come up with.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6