The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping Arcade sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this really more of a question then a request. What's the best way to rip Arcade sprites? i'm using mame and I'm trying to rip sprites from Crud Buster, and I'd like to get Altered Beast as well. Do I need some kind of tile program or do I need to use a totally different Emulator?
(11-09-2009, 11:59 PM)DJGameFreakTheIguana Wrote: [ -> ]this really more of a question then a request. What's the best way to rip Arcade sprites? i'm using mame and I'm trying to rip sprites from Crud Buster, and I'd like to get Altered Beast as well. Do I need some kind of tile program or do I need to use a totally different Emulator?

While I can't really help you with this, there's a stickied thread in the Sprite Discussion thread titled Ripping Questions. Try posting there, as far as I can tell this subforum gets MUCH less attention.
As for the question, all I can suggest is Animget, but I have no experience with Arcade emulation.

Hope it helps, and I hope you get what you're looking for!
(11-10-2009, 12:20 AM)Ego Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2009, 11:59 PM)DJGameFreakTheIguana Wrote: [ -> ]this really more of a question then a request. What's the best way to rip Arcade sprites? i'm using mame and I'm trying to rip sprites from Crud Buster, and I'd like to get Altered Beast as well. Do I need some kind of tile program or do I need to use a totally different Emulator?

While I can't really help you with this, there's a stickied thread in the Sprite Discussion thread titled Ripping Questions. Try posting there, as far as I can tell this subforum gets MUCH less attention.
As for the question, all I can suggest is Animget, but I have no experience with Arcade emulation.

Hope it helps, and I hope you get what you're looking for!
Thanks. I actually used animget on a game called D.D.Crew, and it's a bit hard trying to cut out each and every sprite, so I was just wondering if there was a better way. I guess I'll try my luck on that thread.
I hear that. But yeah, good luck.