The VG Resource

Full Version: DK character
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ok, so far we've got DK, Diddy, and K. Rool. I threw in the idea of Dixie/Kiddy, but I'm not married to it, though I'd still like to use it. I'm not making a poll since I want actual conversation.

1. We can keep it at 3 DK reps
2. Dixie only
3. Dixie on Kiddy's shoulders, play as one character, weight class changes with down-B
4. Dixie on Kiddy's shoulders, play as one character, down B is a "Tantrum" attack that works like DK's down B.
5. Something else.

What do you guys think? I'm personally leaning toward 4 since it'll be less sprite work for us.
I think that 3 is enough. Leave Kidde/Dixie for... something?
Xananab.

No srsly. The whole Dixie on Kiddy's shoulders is ridiculous and an insult to both characters. If either gets in, they both have enough abilities to warrant separate characters. Considering Kiddy's been in one Donkey Kong game, that probably keeps him from even an Assist Trophy.

Dixie or no dice. It took three games to get Diddy into Smash Bros even, I think we're good with just K. Rool.

BTW, anyone ever plan a proper move set for K. Rool after? =o
(11-09-2009, 10:47 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote: [ -> ]Dixie or no dice.
Kiddy can be part of a Final Smash or something.
I don't like the idea of Kiddy coming in just for a FS. If he's not part of the team to begin with, he shouldn't show up at all.
And why is it an insult to both characters? The team-up concept is a pretty big deal in the DKC games.

DK's honestly a series going downhill. It's all about drums now, not the sweet action adventure platforming of old. They honestly only deserve three, if that.
(11-09-2009, 10:56 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like the idea of Kiddy coming in just for a FS. If he's not part of the team to begin with, he shouldn't show up at all.
You know, the way I see it, it could work just like in the games. You start with one, a DK barrel spawns, and you break it. Now you're two characters. The FS could easily be like that.
(11-09-2009, 10:56 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]And why is it an insult to both characters? The team-up concept is a pretty big deal in the DKC games.

But if Dixie is fighting on Kiddy's shoulders, not only does it restrict Dixie's move set, but it looks ridiculous.
(11-09-2009, 11:25 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2009, 10:56 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]And why is it an insult to both characters? The team-up concept is a pretty big deal in the DKC games.

But if Dixie is fighting on Kiddy's shoulders, not only does it restrict Dixie's move set, but it looks ridiculous.

I disagree, but lets see what others think.
Three characters is plenty, the franchise isn't exactly huge anyway.
Shoulder-stance could be the FS, and Kiddy throwing Dixie could do major damage but have short range, and you could do it until Kiddy takes too much damage and runs off the screen DKC3-style
Kiddy is a dead Kong character really.
So is Dixie. Unless she's appeared in a game after 64.
Sports games, but that's about it.
If I recall, Dixie has appeared in Donkey Konga 2, Donkey Konga 3, Donkey Kong King of Swing, DK Barrel Blast, DK Jungle Climber, Diddy Kong Racing DS, Mario Baseball, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario 3 on 3 Basketball...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5