The VG Resource

Full Version: DLCs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since we're all getting into hissyfits in the Game Cast topic, I would like to make this proposition now so we can SHUT EVERYONE UP. This arguing is getting us nowhere, and is even hindering us.

So let's look at it both ways

If DLCs ARE implemented, then we can get back to focus on the main project and have the other characters be worked on as a side project in the FSP topic, and on top of that, we can shut up the arguments, make everyone happy, and increase the replay value of the game in general.

If we DON'T use them, well then we'll pretty much eliminate all hope for some characters, decrease the playability of the game, intensify the bitchfight in the Game cast topic, but save us all some work. Hm. Seems the cons outweigh the pros in this scenario.

But I suppose it all also hinges on Runow's ability to program this in flash.
(11-09-2009, 09:15 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]lkjdfgksdjgkljsdnfgklnbsajfsdhfiluhlkjdfgsdg

I'm not trying to be funny or anything but that is the only way to describe this topic.
If I remember correctly, most debates on this topic were less "should we or shouldn't we" and more "is it plausible."

That said, I do believe that it is doable code-wise, and I support providing it.
Look i'm just trying to mediate the situation and get this friggin topic back on track.

You people are making it preeeeetty hard. I'm just trying to get an opinion on if we'll have DLCs at all, not WHO they'll be.

This was directed at Mr. Bland
I think it is a good topic. Everyone was using DLC as an excuse for some characters not to be in, NOT Knowing whether or not Runouw can even program DLC. Like Ekoi said, lets make a good game from the start.
Run has stated that he has an idea for doing updates, so it's not out of sight. If I'm correct, it functions more like a full update (ala TF2) rather than a DLC, so to speak.
He seems to be very capable, so I think he can do it.
I think he's got the skill to do it. Righ tnow just the basic physics engine alone is the best smash clone I've seen out there (controls are iffy imo but eh, would be nice to have possible multiplayer on one PC), so I have faith in him.