The VG Resource

Full Version: Academic projects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've recently taken up a renewed interest in spriting and put together this
[Image: marioandluigi.png]
(I recognize that Luigi is supposed to be a bit taller than Mario, and I'll fix that later.)
I'm also working on a 'Luigi's Mansion' entrance mockup.
[Image: luigismansionwip.png]
I like 'em a lot, although both Mario & Luigi have a bit too much, um, "air hump."(at least, I THINK that's the term to describe that.) Also, both the red and green(especially the green) could go for a bit of contrast.
Mockup looks fine so far.

Good job!
[Image: marionluigigalaxy.png]
I tried to fix the pallet.
I also tried a "Galaxy" lighting effect to the ones on the left.
The bros' faces should be different from each other. Also, I like the newer, brighter one.

Awesome sig, by the way Smile
(11-08-2009, 07:39 PM)*Gorsal* Wrote: [ -> ]The bros' faces should be different from each other. Also, I like the newer, brighter one.

Awesome sig, by the way Smile

[Image: marionluigigalaxyi.png]
Is that better?
(Credit to Glukom and Nick Dude for the head bases.)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, by the way.
Oops, thought I posted again here already.
Colors are much better. Faces look different enough now. Just an air hump to deal with.
If you don't know what that is, I BELIEVE a good definition is that they're leaning forward from the legs to the crotch, then they lean back for the rest. Gives the impression that they're pushing their crotch out and "humping the air". Hence, air hump. I THINK that's a good description, but you may want to look it up to be sure. The air hump is MUCH more pronounced in Luigi.

I don't quite know what you mean by Galaxy glow, but I like it better without personally.

I'm inclined to agree with Gorsal, awesome sig.
[Image: marionluigilinkgalaxy.png]
I've tried to adjust the lean on the Mario bros. and I've added a rendition of link.
I'm working on the pallet, but am pleased with the overall form.
Link is Reaaaally off scale to them...
[Image: marionluigilinkgalaxy.png]
Is this better?
You need to have better use of your shades. Your palette could use a little adjusting as well. However, nice start.
Your colors are kind of dull on Link, and his face needs some touch ups.