The VG Resource

Full Version: A couple sprites (Edits)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like creative criticism and suggestions for these.

[Image: PossessedBowser.png]
Belome-possessed Bowser, edited from a Bowser sprite from (I think) Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. This was fun and made for a friend, but took a while to make. The back-tentacles are pure custom.

[Image: PMMrL.png]
Mr L, edited from a Luigi sprite from Paper Mario. I am highly considering making a full sheet of this.

[Image: TrainerKirlia.png]
Trainer Kirlia, edited from one of the Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen Trainer sprites.

[Image: CorporalDumbass.png]
Open-mouth Koopa and Corporal Paraplomk sprites, edited from Koopa Troopa and Paratroopa sprites from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Before anything is said, I could easily show the sprites on their own, but I like this image too much to do it unless if I have more sprites with those edited sprites. I made the Paraplonk sprite because I couldn't find one on the site and I didn't feel like digging through Google.
belome-possessed bowser has tentacles that are jagged and pillowshaded, I think the mr. L is fine, and the trainer kirlia one, not so much, it looks weird, but now I can't say anything else for danger of being flamed by the goofballs who are probably about to post right after I post this crit.
Goofballs? What goofballs? Shocked

Er, I made the tentacles in MSPaint and restricted myself to the pencil tool. Not trying to say "Oh it suckz cuz I used crappyPaint", just that I tried to give it a sort of shading that looked right...

Do you think Kirlia looks odd because of the light-gray tone used on the outline of the "skirt"?
Dude you got to keep some comments to your self. (by "dude" I mean bnewton)

The tentacles are not that good, they don't fit in that much.
Mr. L looks good to me, but I think there is a sheet of it already.
The Kirlia just isn't very...pokemon material, could be better if it was a human with a kirlia costume.
Paraplonk looks nice, but where did you get the comic part from?
the shading looks off on kirlia, and the goofballs are the people that are about to give me a hard time, and we all used MS paint, try using the magnifying glass too. it'll help you in the long run.
EDIT: and yes the greyish outline looks wierd.
Alcala:
I could fib and say I wanted the tentacles to look alien, but no.
I checked, and there's just one Mr. L sheet on the site and it looks like a Super Mario World style.
I didn't think of that. I'll try to see how it looks as a costumed Trainer.
The comic was something I made. Background is from Bowser's Castle in M&L3.

bnewton:
Ah... the shading. Well, I had to completely revamp the body because the original had been in (I think) a shirt-and-pants combo or a vest-and-shorts. I forgot which one I used for Kirlia...
Thanks for the tip. I forget about that tool sometimes.
(11-07-2009, 07:29 PM)Requiem Wrote: [ -> ]Alcala:
I could fib and say I wanted the tentacles to look alien, but no.
I checked, and there's just one Mr. L sheet on the site and it looks like a Super Mario World style.
I didn't think of that. I'll try to see how it looks as a costumed Trainer.
The comic was something I made. Background is from Bowser's Castle in M&L3.

Well, i see your mature of your work, a very good sign of a great spriter, how about making Bowser look into the ground and making the colors a bit darker. And I see that you have a very good talent with comics, good

And bnewton not all of us use MS paint, I use Graphics Gale.
what in the name of Dazz (yes I just made that up) is graphics gale? what difference does it have from MSpaint?
(11-07-2009, 07:38 PM)bnewton Wrote: [ -> ]what in the name of Dazz (yes I just made that up) is graphics gale? what difference does it have?

here let me show you.

also @ Requiem: While you do seem to show promise with these, you may want to looks at some of the styles for reference (Pointing at the first, for example) Sometimes Anti aliasing the sprites wouldn't hurt.
I am equally confused about Graphics Gale.

As for Bowser suggestions, I'll see what I can do.
(11-07-2009, 07:38 PM)bnewton Wrote: [ -> ]what in the name of Dazz (yes I just made that up) is graphics gale? what difference does it have?

Not the point, and please don't try making Requiem's thread a big problem like in the others you have made.

By the way Requiem, I see you have searched for the Mr.L sheets, that is a fine job of someone that want's to be and amazing spriter.
You have my respect.
This has nothing to do with wanting to be amazing or anything. It's just a force of habit from when I made sprite-comics about six or so years ago. I wanted to make sure before I said there were few Mr. L sprites.
now that I've seen graphics Gale's features, I've notice that it can support animated gif files, rotate (although if it's more specific than every 90 degrees I might see the difference better) it can switch palletes at ease (or something like that) and, other than that, there's not that much difference.
(11-07-2009, 07:50 PM)bnewton Wrote: [ -> ]*sniggers at Drew's sig* what? is that the best you can come up with? and still, you people have yet to realize my name isn't bernard.
anyway, now that I've seen graphics Gale's features, I've notice that it can support animated gif files, rotate (although if it's more specific than every 90 degrees I might see the difference better) it can switch palletes at ease (or something like that) and, other than that, there's not that much difference.

See? this is your problem, you just never shut up.
Also Requiem, you should listend to what Drew has to say, his experience is very good in cases of C+C
Corrections attempted. I didn't change the shades used on Belome Bowser yet because I want to see if the tentacles look better now before overhauling the entire sprite's color scheme.

Also, I included the original sprites for reference. And the Trainer was originally one from the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum generation. *shrugs*

[Image: edits.png]
Pages: 1 2