The VG Resource

Full Version: Semi custom zero sprites MM2 style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Zero_sprites___megaman_series_by_Silva64.png][Image: Icon_for_Zero_customs_by_Silva64.png]
Something i whipped up with megaman 2 sprites, credit to those who ripped em
They're good Smile
thanks, if i use i'll surelly give credits.
They're not good. It's just Mega Man in Zero's armor. If one is to make a MMZ Zero in NES Mega Man style, one should try from scratch (no bases).
Honestly, that's not terrible for an edit.

However, it's not in 8-Bit. Far too many colours, even if you accounted for the layering technique used in the MM NES games.
reminds me of the zx advent mini game

i like it
(11-05-2009, 01:55 PM)Champion Shawn Wrote: [ -> ]reminds me of the zx advent mini game

i like it

this
speaking pf which, has anyone ripped that yet? last time I checked, it hadn't been ripped.
(11-05-2009, 04:39 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2009, 01:55 PM)Champion Shawn Wrote: [ -> ]reminds me of the zx advent mini game

i like it

this
speaking pf which, has anyone ripped that yet? last time I checked, it hadn't been ripped.

http://sprites-inc.co.uk/files/ZX/ZxA/MiscAlpha/
oh
thanks
(11-05-2009, 11:41 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, that's not terrible for an edit.

However, it's not in 8-Bit. Far too many colours, even if you accounted for the layering technique used in the MM NES games.

ah k, first try anyway. As they say, learn from your mistakes. And how many colours are in 8 bit anyway?

i like it

i love playing that game on MMZXA so fun and nostalgic
(11-05-2009, 11:41 AM)Ngamer01 Wrote: [ -> ]They're not good. It's just Mega Man in Zero's armor. If one is to make a MMZ Zero in NES Mega Man style, one should try from scratch (no bases).

thanks for the critisizm, ill remember it for next time
3 colors plus transparency
(11-06-2009, 12:20 AM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]3 colors plus transparency

dont call me a noob when i say this but whats transparency ^^;
It's exactly what it is. A colour that will be made invisible when used. It's why there isn't a block of solid colour around a sprite when it's used in a game.

So It's 4 colours, one of which will be made made transparent. In the Megaman games, his face uses a flesh tone that would brink the image over the colour limit. So what they did was make MM's face a separate sprite, and lay it on top.
NES sprites follow these restrictions:
[Image: nes_spec.gif]
(11-06-2009, 05:54 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]It's exactly what it is. A colour that will be made invisible when used. It's why there isn't a block of solid colour around a sprite when it's used in a game.

So It's 4 colours, one of which will be made made transparent. In the Megaman games, his face uses a flesh tone that would brink the image over the colour limit. So what they did was make MM's face a separate sprite, and lay it on top.

so what i should do is make his face a different sprite, or is there something im missing here
(11-06-2009, 07:21 PM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]NES sprites follow these restrictions:
[Image: nes_spec.gif]

alright, next time i make NES sprites ill remember that colour restriction thanks
nono, it's just a bit of a history lesson for you; and the explanation as to why the megaman sprite seems to break NES rules.
Pages: 1 2