The VG Resource

Full Version: On the subject of Warcraft 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should I extract all of the textures from Warcraft 3 for submission to TSR? It's a generally simple process, though I'd have to convert them to TGAs or transparent PNGs, then put them into ZIP/RAR files for ease of use.

The total size of the game is quite large, and I'm not sure TSR would benefit from it in the end.

What say ye?
Due to the fact that The Spriters Resource don't have textures of Warcraft 3, I suppose you can do it.
The WCIII would be greatly appreciate. I'd only suggest to make 'themed' zips, like one for the Undead, other for the Horde, other for backgrounds elements, ETC. Or for each type of units if you got time or the patience.
I also recommend using PNG for several reasons. First they have transparency (I'm not sure if WC3 uses them), and they also usually smaller than TGA (TGA is a somewhat professional format, keeps all the details and information, but it usually generates a large file)
Surprised I never thought to do this. I did make a neat animation out of the Water Textures a long time ago!

Though, yes, DEFINITELY stick with PNGs. I don't THINK they have transparency, but TGA isn't a very universal picture type.