The VG Resource

Full Version: [Art] An art topic to be updated as time progresses.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys! Just posting some art stuff for some C+C, if you don't mind.

Grappler: http://sploder.deviantart.com/art/Grappler-142350803
For this thing, I was wondering if some of the better designers here could give me some tips to improve the character's design, to make her stand out a bit more.

BTW, as the topic title suggests, I might update this post with more stuff.
cool, is paint.net hard?
i commented btw
I love your DA avatar sploder
Hey, that's pretty sharp! Keep up the good work. Smile
Eh, figured I might as well link to my latest thing.

http://sploder.deviantart.com/art/Jill-M...-148150639
Nice, especially since I was trying to make the Dozer a few months ago.
One thing you have to think about is what you "plan" to use this for (i know it's practice, but you know what i mean); game, animation, paintover?

if it's for an animation, those swirls of her hair are fine, and in fact need to be smoother. everything does.
but if this is for a game, you might want to rethink the poly-count, esp. with those spheres. Maybe use texture for the swirls instead? Smile

oh, and how is lightwave? haven't tried it yet.
Y'know, I don't think I really thought about it that much. I was aiming for Gamecube stats and currently I'm rather low with around 2260 tris.

As far as how good Lightwave is to others, I don't really know. The only other 3d program I've tried is 3DS (30 day trial). When I made the switch, it took a bit of time to get used to the different interface, but otherwise, I think it's okay, I guess. I've not really used any of the more advanced features since I bought it almost 4 years ago...

Too bad my educational license keeps me from being able to sell anything I make with it...
pretty high res for a gc(and for a small character), but i guess that's alright
i suggest keeping it to 1,500 though since she's technically half the character Wink

and i don't think any of us will be selling our 3d works in the near future Big Grin better to learn
Well, it also includes any 3d games I may make in the near-ish future using any of the models...

Also, I was basing that number of tris on TP Link, seeing the model I have has almost 7000 tris, but yeah, I guess I should consider that she'd have to share with the Dozer.