The VG Resource

Full Version: Epic Mickey is Epic Mickey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The game reimagines Mickey Mouse and looks pretty awesome

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archi...ector.aspx <<this Audio Tour by Warren Spector is pretty informative

discus
This is a definate buy if the project stays true to wat it looks like now... As for me Im a little excited for this.
Holy shit. It looks, well epic. And it's for Wii. Though I lack the attention span to listen to that whole thing. Do they mention that Mickey is the equivalent of Yoda in Kingdom Hearts?

Still though, holy shit
im not too huge on the in game graphics so far but thats still very subject to change. otherwise i am anticipating the hell out of this game
I'm going to be honest
I like the idea of bringing back the mischievous Mickey back while keeping him smiles at the same time.

And yet, it seems like it's more then the game needs to prove itself great
Certain things I'm liking, but overall... it looks like a slightly different version of Gingerbread Man...
I know the purpose of the game is to bring Mickey back, but this really isn't as "epic" as the original intentions gave out.. I know the art style is being played with still, but I honestly think that the game should be a whole lot darker than it really is - and though allow intention to bring in the colourful Mickey of today, not make it so blatantly obvious - slow transitions are key to any pathway based gameplay.
Dazz, there really is a difference between something that is epic, and an epic story. Epics have nothing to do about containing huge amounts of win.
After I read this article I got pretty excited with this game. Nothing on it is really new, but it's one unusual approach to Disney (at least in official way, not fan-related)... I'm also excited because...C'mon, it is the guy who created Wing Commander! I got found memories of it from my childhood.
It reminds me of that PS1 Mickey game, that stages would appear in chronological order, from older cartoons to newer, specially after I read that article from Ultimecia.
It doesn't seem to be as "epic" and "terrifying" as it was from the first screens, but hot damn, it does look incredible.
(11-03-2009, 10:48 AM)GaryCXJk Wrote: [ -> ]Dazz, there really is a difference between something that is epic, and an epic story. Epics have nothing to do about containing huge amounts of win.

... I know that... It's called humour in changing the meaning of a word while not changing the actual word.
Like touching someone's knob...
When I first heard about this game and saw some of its concept art I got really excited. It also sounds pretty cool.
Seeing some of the in-game screen-shots I'm not too sure. I understand that nothing is finalized and all but the concepts promised it would be a lot darker.

Still seems really cool though. Can't wait to see more development. Maybe I will finally play my wii.
Actually, Warren has said on interviews those concept arts from 2007 were intentionally false. As in, to scare Disney executives to accept anything he wanted them to, as it would never be as dark in comparison.

So the game was never intended to have those skullish Phantom Blots.

That said, it still looks awesome. I'm forcing someone to buy my nephews a Wii so I can play this.
Wow, this looks pretty sharp. None of Mickey's games ever intrigued me (unless you want to count Kingdom Hearts), but I might buy this when it comes out.
(11-09-2009, 11:03 PM)Stooben Rooben Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, this looks pretty sharp. None of Mickey's games ever intrigued me (unless you want to count Kingdom Hearts), but I might buy this when it comes out.

shame on you

[Image: 21en9rb.jpg]

[Image: Castle_of_Illusion_starring_Mickey_Mouse...R-PAL).jpg]

both really awesome games

edit: you know what vgmuseum why don't you just SUCK AND VOMIT A DICK
FUCK YOUR HOTLINKING IS NOT ALLOWED
um

wasn't mickey's wild adventure just mickey mania for the SNES with voice acting and an arranged soundtrack