The VG Resource

Full Version: super mario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: supermario.png]
just some stuff, probably for a project. Thanks to wolf for part of the koopa
Peach's face totally sucks, but I can't quite pin down what's wrong with it...

[Image: supermariowalk.gif]
walk cycle. No arm movement yet.
I'm no good at animations. Anyone mind giving me some serious C&C with these?

All WIP.

C&C would be lovely~
Toad's jacket could be a bit less wonky, but its something of like 1 pixel so in the end its a completely minor detail.

also, all the characters are posing in a relaxed stance (like this /| ) while the koopa is in a more stiff, almost legless one. is that intentional?
(11-02-2009, 04:29 PM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]Toad's jacket could be a bit less wonky, but its something of like 1 pixel so in the end its a completely minor detail.

also, all the characters are posing in a relaxed stance (like this /| ) while the koopa is in a more stiff, almost legless one. is that intentional?

Ahh, thank you for pointing that out. I'll get onto fixing that soon.
Updated with a couple things.

Out of curiosity, does it take something in particular to get feedback around this place?

Or do I just have to be a really good spriter?
not really, just depends on how interesting the project is. Some get a lot of feedback, while others go unnoticed. It happens.
don't take it as something personal. just keep updating the thread and feedback will be given when necesary.
Very cool!
So I tried a walk cycle.

But it just doesn't look right...
It would be good if you show it to us, maybe we can help you.
(11-07-2009, 08:10 PM)Alcala Wrote: [ -> ]It would be good if you show it to us, maybe we can help you.

hmm? It's in the first post.
here is it again:
(11-07-2009, 08:51 PM)Fez Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2009, 08:10 PM)Alcala Wrote: [ -> ]It would be good if you show it to us, maybe we can help you.

hmm? It's in the first post.
here is it again:

Sorry didn't saw that maybe if the arms move a little bit.
Arm movement will come.
I'm focusing on the legs for now though.
yeah, now that you mentione it he does a little hop while he walks.
Mario should hop twice in the leg cycle. Also, make the legs more defined, and not like noodles.

It looks good overall, gj Smile
you should change the koopa's shading to make it more orange
right now it look a bit weird