The VG Resource

Full Version: FF4 The After Years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
originally sent this as an email, but I decided to make a thread. have nearly ripped most of the game, but still working on it. right now I only have one sheet to contribute, which is in battle characters.

the rest will be submitted very soon, which includes portraits, monsters, battle backgrounds, and more (actually have all of these ripped, just need to put them into sheets). I would have submitted these earlier, but it took a while because there are some dummied out graphics in the game I had to find

[Image: ff4tayinbattlecharacter.png]
in-battle characters

[Image: ff4tayportraitsicon.png]
portraits

[Image: ff4taybossesicon.png]
bosses

[Image: ff4tayenemiesicon.png]
enemies

edit: updated with enemies, more to be added later
I have no idea who you are, but I love you right now.
Ya good stuff! Have you ever considered ripping from Megaman 9?
I'd kiss you now. Really.
My only critic is that the portraits are resized.

How did you ripped that? Ton and I always had tried to figure it out and research how to do it.
Yeah, I noticed the portrait thing.
(11-01-2009, 04:35 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]My only critic is that the portraits are resized.
(11-01-2009, 08:09 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I noticed the portrait thing.
Hm. I don't know, but it's possible that those portraits are double-sized in the extracted texture files.
talking bush is correct

will edit this post later with two new sheets (bosses and enemies) that are being put together. there will also be others afterwards

[Image: ff4taybossesicon.png]
link to sheet

edit: will upload the enemies soon. the bosses sheet include the returning bosses and ones from 1-6 in alphabetical order, with some exceptions. if you think anything is missing, it is more than likely on the enemy sheet - some 'bosses' in the game are actually just regular enemies
Nice job. I see they used the "soul shrine" bosses again.
Most excellent. I've wanted the sprites from this game for a while now...I found out about it before it was even released somehow. I can't remember where.
I'm really diggin' the character sprites. A very top-notch sheet there, sir.

I kind of find the fact that the bosses are almost entirely rehashes of previously used sprites, with some occasional pallette changing here and there. Then again, wasn't this a WiiWare title or something? I can forgive it for that... What I do find strange though is that most of the new sprite graphics (IE: the bosses added on the bottom two rows of the sheet) don't seem that good to me. They seem... bland, and I can't tell WHAT is going on in that totally-not-inspired-by-NeoExdeath-jargon going on there. Great rips, though. You deserve a pizza.
I thought of Neo-Exdeath as well. And it was originally released for Mobile in Japan but then ported to Wii Ware.
It's not hard to see that most bosses are recycle of the old ones. In-storyline only a few of them really makes sense

spoiler: Namely the Mysterious Girl, the summons, the final boss and MAYBE the octopus, because this one is part of a flashback, the rest don't really makes much sense, because the other bosses are dark knight Cecil, dragooner Kain, FFIV party in various moments during Golbez's flashback and that's it. The others are just to fill up space.
I still don't know what's up with the last boss, but it's so badly done, just look that pillow shading. They just got the sprites from the GBA versions of FFI, FFII, FFIV, FFV and FFVI, the only new stuff are the FFIII bosses and the new After Years bosses (Mysterious Girl and final boss)

But enough about rant, I'm enjoying this a lot so far ^^
(11-02-2009, 09:25 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't know what's up with the last boss, but it's so badly done, just look that pillow shading.

I know! It looks almost like a prototype! I've actually seen swiftly made sprites that look better than that! XD It almost makes me want to reshade the thing... almost. I don't have much spriting experience, but I've dabbled.
[Image: ff4tayenemiesicon.png]
enemies sheet

working on two other large sheets at the moment
Man, you're awesome.
Pages: 1 2 3