The VG Resource

Full Version: [art] amster's shtuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
k well to start off most of my stuff is at my deviantart

[Image: 23k3ngk.png]
[Image: 20pr9rc.png]
just a few of my favorite pieces
did entirely in paint btw

anyways don't be afraid to critique my stuff please
actually it would be really appreciated since i sincerely want to improve my artwork
hey, that's nice :o. They look very smooth.

EDIT: oh, I forgot checking your DA pics. They're great, too. Your style is simple and uses vibrant colors.

No criticisms from me Smile
It's cool, but there's one thing I don't like: you alternate between very thick outlines and very thin outlines, I'm mainly thinking of that second pic and more of the face (eye, nose mouth). I'm aware it's a stylistic choice as it's less blatant in the first picture, so do as you wish, just giving my impressions Wink
OH HI I REMEMBER YOU ON DEVIANTART WHAT'S UP AMSTER Heart

(11-01-2009, 05:38 PM)Chris2Balls Wrote: [ -> ]It's cool, but there's one thing I don't like: you alternate between very thick outlines and very thin outlines, I'm mainly thinking of that second pic and more of the face (eye, nose mouth). I'm aware it's a stylistic choice as it's less blatant in the first picture, so do as you wish, just giving my impressions Wink

actually I was going to say that she doesn't alternate between lines enough

the difference between thick and thin lines is essential to a drawing. it gives that additional difference between small details and places that has more volume or that need more highlight. Like outside lines.

here, I think you should make your lines vary more within the line itself, I made a crappy example to show:

[Image: linevariation.png]

the lines should vary more than that but I think you get the idea
ms. ams this is

this is sexulicious

I've got no real crit except the girl's mouth looks like it was done in 2 minutes :/
Rokkan's post is very helpful! But I love most of this, as you already know Heart
(11-01-2009, 07:13 PM)Rökkan Wrote: [ -> ]actually I was going to say that she doesn't alternate between lines enough

the difference between thick and thin lines is essential to a drawing. it gives that additional difference between small details and places that has more volume or that need more highlight. Like outside lines.

here, I think you should make your lines vary more within the line itself, I made a crappy example to show:

the lines should vary more than that but I think you get the idea
Thanks, you explained that better than I did (plus illustrated it with an edit!), I meant [going from going to thick-thick lines to thin-thin lines without or not much transition] by alternation, so my bad. I'd like to add that changing the size of a line gives it weight and when you have several it creates movement, a flow, so do try and create a transition in width of your strokes.
I don't know, but I think I prefer the first one more... It gives that 'flat' feeling that I like. Although the second one is awesome too.
thank you guys i love crit it helps me so much omg

[Image: 2m3lab7.png]
[Image: 4pwlyo.png]
the background in the second one is really half assed i know sorry ;___________;
Ho ho ho! Very nice. I really like the colors.

I'm also a fan of the previous works, yet I agree with the sentiments above. Good stuff! Ho ho ho!
Same thing the good ol'man said, the colors are really nice!
And I love that girl with the giant lolipop, it's so lolicious Heart
Rokkan, according to your Christmas Wish List, you think everything in that picture is delicious!

Ho ho ho, just kidding with ya'! 'Twas a shot at you calling me 'big!' Back to Amster's art, eh!
Hey wats up amster, i can see you know a lot about paint! Thats great i myself have learned a lot from that program too. First off that is some great art you've got, i would say you've got the eye of an artist!! Alittle manga and anime related in your art i can see, which makes a great combo! The first thing i would point out is the ridge edges of your art from the figure to the background. All great art is made with a flow of mutiple colors overlaping each other creating art. One thing to help this flow is a plugin called FEATHER use its "True Feather" function and it will put an overlaping feel or much more deeper feel over your background and figure. Also Remember to feel the art in the background and just overlap that feeling with a figure or symbol. But you really got some great work!! i would love to see more!!
The tits on the second picture in the first post look pretty weird, tbh.
(11-28-2009, 02:13 AM)Scrooge Wrote: [ -> ]The tits on the second picture in the first post look pretty weird, tbh.
i agree, looking at it now they're kind of defying gravity.
Pages: 1 2