The VG Resource

Full Version: Miyamoto realizes that starfox has been in a decline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hey
hey
krystal was is cool.

but other than that, I hope he makes a new (good) (flying with land based missions optional/minigames/unlockables) starfox game.
And it better not have waggle controls either.
Gamecube/Classic controller support is a must.
assault ruled, the ground combat was top-notch

the only problem was the arwing combat didn't have nearly enough of the same charm that 64 did

it seemed too slow-paced.

or dumbed-down

or something

something was off.
^ that
arwing combat was much too slow and just wasn't as fun

I thought the land missions were cool but they were a bit repetitive and the controls were a little wonky.

But oh man it was cool to be running around and then hop in an arwing or landmaster. They should let you jump in an arwing from a ground level and fly off to a space level mid-mission.
Tha'd be cool.
(10-28-2009, 02:08 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]hey
hey
krystal was is cool.

I highly disagree

She only served a decent point in star fox adventures for a purpose in the story

by the time it went into assault she didn't serve much of purpose in th story at all and was pretty much put in to keep the fanboy's pleased, same with command

they should have gotten rid of her after adventures
It actually states he thinks that the series has declined in popularity. He says nothing about the actual series being in decline.
It's too late to fix Star Fox, sorry.
(10-28-2009, 02:09 PM)Number Six Wrote: [ -> ]assault ruled, the ground combat was top-notch

the only problem was the arwing combat didn't have nearly enough of the same charm that 64 did

or dumbed-down

or something

something was off.
I went to a friends house and he had me play Starfox Assault.
And we pretty much played that the whole fuckin time. No vehicles though. The Arwing was too... difficult to drive than how I remembered it being. And the Landmaster was kinda shit.

But battling on foot with guns and shit was fucking awesome.

Also Star Fox is one of the lesser known and lesser updated series (like Fire Emblem and stuff). I can't really blame it for a decline in popularity.
(10-28-2009, 02:09 PM)Number Six Wrote: [ -> ]assault ruled, the ground combat was top-notch

or dumbed-down

or something

something was off.

Battling on foot was fun, it just didn't feel like Star Fox. The mediocrity of Dinosaur Planet still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
If he actually makes a Star Fox 2 with the characters , story, and crap that was originally going to be in, that would be pretty sweet.

A new classic Star Fox, with a land misson here and there, maybe a marine misson, and less shitty characters.
starfox 64 was a pretty fun game
(10-28-2009, 05:17 PM)Solitaire Wrote: [ -> ]starfox 64 was a pretty fun game

Yes, but sadly the original was superior when it came to music...
The addition of Star Wolf was cool though.
(10-28-2009, 02:32 PM)Drew Wrote: [ -> ]
hey
krystal was is cool.

I highly disagree

She only served a decent point in star fox adventures for a purpose in the story

by the time it went into assault she didn't serve much of purpose in th story at all and was pretty much put in to keep the fanboy's pleased, same with command

I thought according to the official story (which was changed because of adventures) peppy became too old to pilot his arwing, so krystal joined the team in his place.
Maybe if they kill off Krystal and make the flying feel as good as it did on the Super Nintendo and N64, then MAYBE they can revive the series. Well, you don't HAVE to kill off Krystal if you wanna be a pansy, but downplay her a bit, her accent gets on my nerves, and that makes what, 3 canine characters who, if you didn't actually know about the series, would probably be mistaken for relatives?

And I think I know what the flying felt like in Assault (I never played Adventures beyond 2 seconds). Did anyone else feel that, compared to the previous installments, it felt like pointing a mouse cursor rather than flying a ship? That's what I felt like, but I still kinda liked the game. I never played Command either, I heard that was repetative and that the storyline was built like a soap opera. Can anyone confirm that?
(10-28-2009, 06:11 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2009, 02:32 PM)Drew Wrote: [ -> ]
hey
krystal was is cool.

I highly disagree

I thought according to the official story (which was changed because of adventures) peppy became too old to pilot his arwing, so krystal joined the team in his place.
okay so make a game before Adventures

covers what happened between 64 and Adventures

problem solved~
Pages: 1 2 3 4