The VG Resource

Full Version: FUCK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
heavy WIP
[Image: lawva1.png]
I hate backgrounds...
This looks pretty awesome so far. Nice shape and definition. The dark parts of the lava could be a little better, I think, but it's such an obvious and early WIP that I can't really critique that fairly

finish this up a bit more, it's looking nice[/font]
What could be better about the dark parts in particular?
Right now, the colors of the lava. The 'gold' shade feels a little too dull (though still nice), and the last two colors are just paint default colors. ):

Are you going to keep it in this style or are you going to pixel it up a bit more and add some more shades, maybe dithering and the like?
Well I'm going to keep to the palette that I have currently in frostfire, but I'm going to use various dithering and whatnot to try to get some more tones. There's 2 more colors that's going to go into it which is a darker shade for the rocks and another color for an orangish tint to the rocks near the lava flow.. I might add another red to use for the midtone red there because I think I was just using that red for outlines.
Pretty much, I'd just say alter the gold slightly to make it warmer, tint the red towards orange or pink and lower its saturation slightly and tint the darkest red towards either purple or brown, lower the saturation and brightness slightly. But ultimately it's up to you.
Make stuff fly out of it like in Lifeforce
never played life force but this is only the first background. There will be other background objects in front of it that will probably animate.
[Image: lawva1-1.png]
I've decided to go in a new direction with the walls as well. I mean it wouldn't make much sense for the walls inside a volcano to be that cooled down.
I don't know, I liked it before. It kind of looks like the wall is part of the ground. You should make the walls a little darker, or more brown