The VG Resource

Full Version: An Unnamed Pokémon MMO Experiment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Man, it's been years since I've been here. Or spriting at all, honestly. I should probably consider doing a namechange at some point as well... Eh, I'll retain it for nostalgia for the moment.

So, oddly enough, I decided to get back into spriting through semi-reviving an old MMORPG idea I once had, salvaging a few things here and there and experiment with it; the only thing I've really retained at this point is a world map of the region we [the group I originally worked on this with] created, appropriately named "Jurni":

[Image: fulljurnixg3.png]

So anyways, to the sprite project. I have little to work with or showcase right now, seeing as I've recently started this task, but I will try to update as I progress.

NOTE: I do not intend on this being an actual game at this point. I solely want to design sprites for inspiration at this point, until I feel it has a possibility of becoming a full game.

At this point, I've firmly decided that the game itself should have a completely new style to make it stand out from most of the other fangames out there that simply re-use the sprites from the official games. So, I've set forth to try to create a new character model from scratch, while still following the tilesize from D/P/P, which I've found would work quite well:

[Image: newstyle1.png]
'Tis a lil messy, being my "workshop" file, meaning I've been using it mostly for doodles and references, but you can see my work-in-progress outcome in the bottom left. It may need some cleaning up with the colors, but I think it looks okay so far. It's very rough, having just finished the shape for the forwards-facing sprite, and will perhaps a be a short while before sides and perhaps some basic animations can be drawn.

Right now, all I need is a base to work with, but I intend to add the ability for limited customization later on in the project.

I also have various other ideas for different parts of the "game," such as the game itself, HUD, battles, etc, but I shall save those for when more progress is made on the visuals.
Interesting; but this goes in Fangames, not Projects. Moved there.
Grooveman,
he said as it stands it's not a game at all he's just spriting ~as if~ he were making a game.

So do what you will, I guess.
At this state, it would belong in Sprite Discussion.
Ah, ok, I misunderstood that. Sprite Discussion then.