The VG Resource

Full Version: A question about a One Piece wonderswan game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey fine folks. I was wondering if someone could help me out on this annoying japanese-only game. It's called "From TV Animation -- One Piece: Niji no Shima Densetsu", and it's for the wonderswan color. The question I have is a simple one, and hopefully it'll be simple to answer. Since I can't read japanese I was hoping someone could educate me on WHAT THE HELL IS THE FINAL BOSS'S NAME! I swear I have looked on wikis and all sorts of other fan pages of the One Piece series and I haven't found a damn thing about this guy. Is he even part of the series in the official sense? Did he show up in the manga or the anime at all? Those of you wondering can go to the Sprite Database and look under the Wonderswan category for the game, and he'll be under, 'Final Boss'. It's SO annoying when they don't have actual names to the sheets isn't it? Anyway, here's a few images of him, including a sprite.
[Image: BadGuy.png]
Someone PLEASE educate me as to who the hell this guy is.
How about a screenshot of his name?
Well that's the thing, these are taken from already produced screenshots and sprite sheets. I can't actually play the game itself without getting insanely frustrrated since I never know what the hell is going on. Anyway, maybe at some point I can get the thing running properly on a different computer, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to see what his name is amongst the other japanese text.
Oh, I was under the impression that you took these yourself.
No, I just got the screenshots from whatever little resources there are on the game, mostly from sprite sheets done by others. I'd love to rip this game actually if it weren't for the fact it was japan-release only. (Bastards.)
Well, to answer one of your questions, no, that guy has never appeared in the anime or manga. Odds are he's just a character made for the game, it wouldn't be the only OP game with an original character in it though.

But, yeah, I don't know his name either, sorry. Sad
I don't know much about the One Piece series or games, there's other Original Characters for the games? Could you name a few so I can add them to my folder of organization?

Does anyone know the person who ripped the sprites...? Perhaps they know.

Or is anyone willing to actually play the game? I'll try to play some myself as long as it doesn't irritate me too much.
Even on SDB it only says "Final Boss", and they usually just add the true names.
Yes but it's a japanese game and the ripper probably didn't know the true name, but since he was the final boss, they just call him 'Final Boss'. They do that on a lot of obscure japanese games that you can't find much information on. Just look around SDB and you'll see that. Anyway, I finally got a wonderswan emulator working, so hopefully I can play through to get a screenshot of his name. If I'm lucky he'll be involved early on and be a continuing antagonist through the game so I can easily pick him out. Hopefully he's not a Space Flea from Nowhere.

Edit:
Argh, I can't make sense of any of this. I'm just progressing through the game at random, use the old 'talk to everyone' technique. Unfortunately the dialogue isn't labeled as to who's saying it. They have little faces instead as seen on the sheet I posted above. I haven't seen him yet but I'm gonna try to keep going along and hopefully I'll get some screenshots involving him. I don't know how to pinpoint his name, maybe they'll scream it at some point as they like doing so far in this game. I'll take a collection of shots whenever he's in the scene, and put them in a zip file for anyone who may be able to translate.