The VG Resource

Full Version: New Mario game in the works?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.incgamers.com/News/19190/mari...mario-game

Charles Martinet stated that he was doing some recording for a new Mario game, and that "it isn't New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Super Mario Galaxy 2".

Personally, I'm hoping for a new Paper Mario game that doesn't suck as much as SPM. Preferably for the DS. Luigi's Mansion 2 would also be a game I wouldn't mind seeing created.

It'll probably just end up being another lame spin-off title, though.
Paper Mario on the DS?

What, isn't the M&L series not good enough for you or something?
mario party
(10-26-2009, 03:15 AM)Stooben Rooben Wrote: [ -> ]that doesn't suck as much as SPM.

Get out.

Willing to bet it's a new Mario Party.
(10-26-2009, 03:19 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Paper Mario on the DS?

What, isn't the M&L series not good enough for you or something?
Should SM64DS be good enough for someone who wants a DS version of Mario Galaxy? Should RE:DS and Dementium be good enough for someone who wants a Silent Hill DS? Just because they have similar aspects, doesn't mean they are the same.

Mr.Bland Wrote:Get out.
Sorry, but I found SPM to be pretty bad. It was laughably easy (the only boss battle I found somewhat challenging was the one against Mimi in 6-2), the art design in it was a little too polygonal (it looked like a 7 year old drew most of the shit in it), the character development was very poor, and the fact that it was more of a platformer than an RPG made it seem like less of a Paper Mario game than it should have been. The only thing I found decent throughout the game was the story.
Why would you want a DS version of Super Mario Galaxy, anyway? That sounds atrocious and Super Mario 64 is infinitely better...
^truth
Number Six Wrote:Why would you want a DS version of Super Mario Galaxy, anyway? That sounds atrocious and Super Mario 64 is infinitely better...
I wouldn't know, since I don't really want a DS version of Super Mario Galaxy. (I prefer Super Mario 64, anyway. :P)

It was just an example.
Agree with you on Super Paper Mario.

Just couldn't get into it.
I wouldn't be completely arsed if it was a new Mario Party game

Although, I also wouldn't be completely arsed if it was another Mario Sports game ether.
It is probably another Mario Party, as the Nintendo 64 and GameCube has many of them.
But, if is a Mario Party, I can't understand the "Fun game" part.
Like people before me have said, it's most likely another crappy MArio Party, Sports, or Kart game.
To be honest I'm REALLY sick of all the 'casual' games...
Then again most games for the wii ARE 'casual' games. Like party games, sports games, and racing games. A few like resident evil manage to make it, and Super Mario Galaxy wasn't TOO bad, though I STILL want to bloody kill the hungry Lumas for giving such hardass levels. Sand Spiral Galaxy I still haven't been able to beat. (Mind you I suck at pretty much every game that's NOT an RPG.)
On the off-chance it's really what can be called a GAME, let's hope for the best and see if Nintendo once again ruins the fans dreams and panders to the idiots of the world, lor if they for once in the past few years manage to pull somethign out of their ass that ISN'T crap.
Wait, when isn't there a new Mario game of some sort in the works?
Going a bit off topic here, it seems like originality has totally run out. This generation, it looks like all of the hardcore games are shooters.

Gears, COD, Dead Space, Killzone 2, etc are all considered hardcore, and are all shooters.

Maybe FPSes are just extremely easy to replicate. :/
Another Mario KART game?
That will be amazing!!! I love all the Mario Kart games!!!
Pages: 1 2 3